Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church Bells in Balbriggan

Options
  • 12-06-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi all, really hope I'm not losing it but did anyone else hear church bells ringing at around midnight last night?? Never heard that before and I'm not even really close to the church! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Yep, i'm not even near the church either but i heard it as well. Very strange, think it was at 12 midnight on the button!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Also heard this,was in the bath at time and got a bit spooked cos had never heard it before! Can't think of a reason why they would be ringing though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Oh my God, me to .I heard it but thought I was going mad.
    thank you for posting .Honestly You'Ve saved me a fortune in counsellors bills.:)But
    why where the bells ringing???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

was fast asleep at the time and didnt hear it, freaky though that they were ringing at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Probably just some drunks.

The bells are on a chain and are rang as a coffin leaves the grounds. Easily accessible to all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CatLady1

Thanks Bluetonic.

My OH reckoned someone just wandered in a rang the bells too, but i wasn't sure if anyone could just do that. Guess that clears up any mystery!! :pac:

Advertisement