Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUIKIE QUESTION - mortgages

Options
  • 12-06-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

This may not be the right thread but could anyone answer this querry?

got my mortgage on a 5 year basis now after 2 years they say i was on a 2 year afterall and have to now look at the options i got my letter for the 2,3 and 5 year rates - went on line and the rates were significantly different - so i phone and ask and they say because i used a mortgage broker when i opened the account i have to pay.25% more - i thought this outragious as i said to the cust services rep i understand that when i open the account originally there would be fees etc but certainly you dont have to pay mortgage broker fees for the full 25 year term of your mortgage.

would anyone know if that is legal to be charged for the full term of your mortgage a broker fee.....or extra % on your mortgage for its term

again i know this may know be right thread but wanted to hit a wider audience sort to speak...

any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH. Hope you get what you're looking for here Shezzie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

get out the documents you signed originally - i hope you have copies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Who is the lender - and what are the rates you have been offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

LouOB wrote: »
    get out the documents you signed originally - i hope you have copies

If you don't have copies of the loan offer you signed, your solicitor may be able to give you a copy. This should clarify whether you agreed to fix for two or five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jeemojney

am I reading this wrong ? surely the fixed rate from 2 years ago is WAY higher than the variable rate now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jeemojney

maybe i am, never heard of paying higher rate 'cos a broker was used, i'd tell them u'r getting on the the financial regulator about it

Advertisement