Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satellite radio???!???!???

• 12-06-2009 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Do you have it? newconfusedsmilie.gif I hadn't had it in a long time and got it last weekend. They now have a package where you can get Sirius AND XM at the same time. I'm really enjoying it. I was wondering if you guys have it, and if so, what's your fave channel?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭radiofoot

Do you have it? newconfusedsmilie.gif I hadn't had it in a long time and got it last weekend. They now have a package where you can get Sirius AND XM at the same time. I'm really enjoying it. I was wondering if you guys have it, and if so, what's your fave channel?

I didn't think satellite radio was used here. Where did you get it? What have you got? I am curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I don't think God is in this country....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Where are you based?

How much are paying per month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The satellite radio system here went out of business as it was a: crap and b: overpriced. We don't appear to have any impetus to pay for radio in this part of the world. With a fixed dish system you get 100+ UK/Irish channels free as it is but obviously this is no use in a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Had the Hitachi WorldSpace radio a few years ago, now obsolete due to WordSpaces's financial woes.

I'm now left with a redundant relic of a short-lived satellite radio era!

Same trouble with Sirius/XM in the US

• Advertisement

Big Tone wrote: »
    Had the Hitachi WorldSpace radio a few years ago, now obsolete due to WordSpaces's financial woes.

I'm now left with a redundant relic of a short-lived satellite radio era!

You still have AM/FM and some SW on it, have one myself.

khws1.jpg

Greenman wrote: »
    You still have AM/FM and some SW on it, have one myself.

khws1.jpg

Yea that's the model but I only bought it for the satellite band, the other bands on it are kinda crap actually both in sensitivity and selectivity.

Big Tone wrote: »
    Yea that's the model but I only bought it for the satellite band, .

You'd never think there was anything up at Worldspace as per their website as per link http://www.worldspace.com/maintenance/index.html

Greenman wrote: »
    You'd never think there was anything up at Worldspace as per their website as per link http://www.worldspace.com/maintenance/index.html

Indeed. "last updated December 7, 2007" says it all really.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a Astra 2 satellite radio, giving all the UK,IRL and other stations!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Well the newly merged XM Sirius stations are only available in America and Canada at the moment. I'm surprised a bunch of operators haven't gotten together in Europe to do something similar, but then I suppose language-based content may not prove popular.

You can get XM Sirius, and foreignese stations online though. XM Sirius charges for the online stream on a monthly basis (afaik) though...

Advertisement