Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIY Pension Fund Management

• 12-06-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to manage your own pension fund (i.e. avoid paying management fees) & can that only be not outside company pension schemes?

I have come to the conclusion pension funds are the greatest scam in the financial world & thats saying something. My 8-10 year old fund from previous employer is 60% below what was put into it & will take until 2020 to get back what was put into it based on 5% return a year.

Almost every fund in this country is down over the last 10 years so surely it would be better to but long term cash bonds myself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Pensions are just gambling made sound safe. Since the world went tits up, the pension funds have collapsed, leaving poor joe soaps pennyless.

Take your cash out of your pension fund and stick it in a matteres for a few years (unless you are an elderly lady from Isreal!), probally work better for you!

Dabbk is not regulated by the financial regulator, terms and conditions apply (sort of..):D

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Dabko wrote: »
    Dabbk is not regulated by the financial regulator, terms and conditions apply (sort of..):D

Not being regulated by the financial regulator gives me more confidence in your services. :pac:

If tax savings were taken away from pensions or reduced you would see a big increase in the sale of shovels for cash storage in back gardens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

You can choose to manage your own pension fund, but you'll still pay fees to the company that sets up the structure for you.

Or you can switch to a bond fund or cash fund, if that's what you want to do.

Advertisement