Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the news

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

The body is of a man from finglas, Paul Smith, brother in law of farmer martin who was shot dead in the joly toper, which led to the murder of greame mc nally, ironically, if you look at the rte news, the other body find in finglas was made within 20 feet of farmer martins family house and the house can clearly be seen with garda mats on the wall, although i dont think they are connected, but then again who knows, its actually the norm around here now. Next it will be "I'm gonna shoot you after school" the days of a scrap round here are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Just heard that myself about an hour ago. Isn't Ballough down by the Walshestown exit off the M1 though? Is it really Balbriggan?

Sorry, scrap that - Treasury Holdings obviously think it is: www.m1.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 darren1978

Eoineo wrote: »
    Just heard that myself about an hour ago. Isn't Ballough down by the Walshestown exit off the M1 though? Is it really Balbriggan?

Sorry, scrap that - Treasury Holdings obviously think it is: www.m1.ie

first time posting so hopefully this works, regarding your comment;

I contacted rte and the irish times earlier today (and again this evening) asking them to edit their reports, so hopefully you were right the first time otherwise the next headline could be 'local idiot etc...'

i see rte changed the headline from 'balbriggan body may be of missing man' to 'dublin body may be...' and the content from 'at ballough in balbriggan' to 'ballough...around 6km from balbriggan'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I live in Gleann Ribh and my address is Ballough, Lusk???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 darren1978

dcr22B wrote: »

it was reported in the 9 o'clock news as ballough - balbriggan...have you been getting all your post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Ballough is Lusk, it's reported as Balbriggan as Balbriggan is a well know area nationwide, Lusk is not. It saves the hassle of having to explain where Lusk is.

For the record Lusk beings south and west of The Five Roads at Hedgestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

dcr22B wrote: »

I'm fairly sure Ballough is an old townland so its fairly big.

The point is right though, I passed the scene at about 430 on Friday (bloody rubber kneckers on the M1 (20 minute tailback!)) and it was only a few clicks from Balbriggan south exit, just south of Balrothery.

Advertisement