Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to buy a digital camera

• 12-06-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and looking to buy a digital camera (my first) to bring with me. I know nothing about photography really so I'm just looking for a fairly simple point and shoot type camera that has fairly decent picture quality and won't break easily.

I've been having a look around the web and quite like the look of this (Olympus MJU1040 10MP). It looks like it has everything I want and falls nicely inside my €150 budget. Does anybody have any advice on it, is it worth getting or are there better competitors etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It would be best to have a look at this thread first. It will probably answer most of your questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If you check out the "So you want a new camera" sticky thread - it recommends checking the amazon reviews. If you search amazon you will find lots of reviews. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

FishTaco wrote: »
    ...a fairly simple point and shoot type camera that has fairly decent picture quality and won't break easily

I do not know anything about this camera, but from the point of view of being shock and water proof it might be a good choice?

http://uk.shopping.com/xPO-Olympus-Stylus-mju-1050-SW

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

Thanks for the help guys

Advertisement