Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexisonfire

• 12-06-2009 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Are there any fans here? Just got the new album there and it's class! Not sure if it's up there with Watch Out though!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Can't say I'm a fan. Grew up in the same city and went to the same school as them, and one of their fathers was my dentist. Remember seeing them in this dingy little pub in St. Catherine's for a fiver when they first started gigging locally.. they did put on a good show, the lead singer was literally crawling on the ceiling (beamed ceiling) while singing. Just don't like the music.

Dallas Green on his own is much better (City & Colour.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

liah wrote: »
    Can't say I'm a fan. Grew up in the same city and went to the same school as them, and one of their fathers was my dentist. Remember seeing them in this dingy little pub in St. Catherine's for a fiver when they first started gigging locally.. they did put on a good show, the lead singer was literally crawling on the ceiling (beamed ceiling) while singing. Just don't like the music.

Dallas Green on his own is much better (City & Colour.)

Wow that's pretty cool! Yeah the earlier stuff was hard to listen to with George's vocals but Watch Out and Crisis are class as Dallas features alot more on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

A big fan....have seen them twice over here and their gig in Temple Bar was one of the best I have been to.

Have only heard the new single once and it didn't really sound great but I will definitely be picking up the new album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 stephen_b

just giving the new album a spin now,business as usual by the sound of the first 3 tracks.heading over to nottingham in oct to see them,no sign of a irish date yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cloee

the new album is definatley not the best, not bad, but not brilliant either..

but yeah, im a HUGE fan of their previous work..crisis is an amazing album

any chance of an irish concert soon?

• Advertisement
Advertisement