Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climbing ivy.

Options
  • 12-06-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I always loved the look of ivy growing on a wall. I would like to plant ivy to cover a six meter long wall in my yard. The plant pictured below was in the yard when i moved into the house. I think this type of ivy is Hedera Goldchild. I nailed chicken wire to the wall and loosely used tying wire to connect the ivy.
    In total I plan on planting five pots with ivy along the wall, with possibly a boston ivy in the middle to add a contrasting colour.
    P1010138.jpg
    The pot with ivy below seems to be two different ivy plants. I want to transplant them into the pots behind, which currently have very sick rose plants in them. Would the ivy repot well?
    P1010139.jpg
    How often will i need to water and feed these?
    How fast does ivy grow?
    Thanks for the time,
    Bicky.

Advertisement