Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how big did it get?

Options
  • 12-06-2009 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

The queue for miley cyrus tickets, that is. There were about 20 people on chairs with duvets when I passed them last night. At first I thought Bambu had started having outside seating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I dont know personally but I do know that the touts wont be getting on this band wagon.

4 tickets per person and per credit card and the person(s) will be named on the ticket so they CANNOT be transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Berty wrote: »
    I dont know personally but I do know that the touts wont be getting on this band wagon.

4 tickets per person and per credit card and the person(s) will be named on the ticket so they CANNOT be transferred.

Good stuff... Should happen for all gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

acalmenvoy wrote: »

Lets hope you dont buy tickets for a gig and then realise you cant go.

Stab*City wrote: »

Lets also hope the act does not get the sniffles and decide to perform on a school night and you cannot sell your tickets. Fine Ticketmaster will give you your money back minus the transaction fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

acalmenvoy wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭4tothefloor

Berty wrote: »

That personalised ticket thing has been around for ages for everything from football to concerts, but it's never ever enforced. There's always scare mongering about ID checks but once you get to the venue you may as well have Jesus Christ as your name on the ticket because it's never checked. I've yet to experience it anyway

That personalised ticket thing has been around for ages for everything from football to concerts, but it's never ever enforced. There's always scare mongering about ID checks but once you get to the venue you may as well have Jesus Christ as your name on the ticket because it's never checked. I've yet to experience it anyway

I have never had a ticket like that BUT I have ordered my Season ticket to Thomond Park. It costs €240 but at least I get my own seat for the season and my name on a credit card type of thing as a ticket.

I couldnt sell that because it is linked to my Munster Supporters Club membership BUT if I did give it to a bum on the street. He could go because he only scans it at the barcode reader of the turnstiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

4tothefloor is right it's been around for a few years now.. was recently highlighted at the Champions League Final in Rome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

wait? is Miley Cyrus coming to Limerick?
    My nieces think shes a god or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

who the hell is miley cyrus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Saffy wrote: »
    wait? is Miley Cyrus coming to Limerick?
    My nieces think shes a god or something!

No, she is coming to the 02, I presume the OP is on about the people queuing for tickets outside Empire Music.

She sold 28, 000 tickets in 10 mins. It's a sad state of affairs when crap like Miley Cyrus sells tickets that fast.

Think of the Children they said...:(

mars bar wrote: »
    No, she is coming to the 02, I presume the OP is on about the people queuing for tickets outside Empire Music.

She sold 28, 000 tickets in 10 mins. It's a sad state of affairs when crap like Miley Cyrus sells tickets that fast.

Think of the Children they said...:(

so I'm presuming its sold out then:rolleyes:
    I could have been the coolest aunt ever if I turned up with Miley Cyrus tickets!!:p

Oh yes, it's sold out.

Yes you could have been the coolest aunt according to your nieces and nephews...

As I said, a sad state of affairs. *hangs head in disgust*
    :cool:

well, music that 8 year olds like generally isn't that good:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭4tothefloor

baza1976 wrote: »
    4tothefloor is right it's been around for a few years now.. was recently highlighted at the Champions League Final in Rome...
    Yep. I was at the 2007 Champions League final in Athens and it was the same craic then. Loads of scare stories yet they didn't even have turnstiles, never mind ID checking :p I had my name on my Electric Picnic tickets about 3 years ago as well

Saffy wrote: »
    well, music that 8 year olds like generally isn't that good:p

I agree, time we educate them!

I met one kid at the Elton John concert and he must have been about 10 and boy had he good taste in music. It warmed my heart and made me laugh when he slagged Britney Spears to the absolute last!

But it's not just 8 year olds, my sister likes her and she is 16 and she nearly cried when the Jonas Brothers sold out and she didn't get tickets. I'm ashamed she shares my blood and DNA. :(

Advertisement