Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are estate agents nuts?

Options
  • 12-06-2009 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

They keep saying dumb things in the media.

Now is a good time to buy

there is value out there

Good time to get on the first rung of the property ladder.

I know its unlikely that they would say anything to their detriment but come on!

Now is the worse time to buy, Its like buying a brand new car and loosing 25% of its value in the first week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

If I were an EA I'd be saying all the same things.

'Now is the ideal time to invest in Ireland's top financial institute, shares are low and won't go lower.'

Guess where I work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

They are akin to Del Boy...will try sell you things you dont want at a price you cant afford.

I'm going to view two properties this evening, both places are a little out of what Im willing to pay but one property has been up since november last year, and had 3 price drops (god bless property bee!!!)Its gonna be nice watching them squirm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Are we going somewhere with this thread?

bobbiw- if you want to start a thread discussing estate agents- be my guest- but don't slander or libel anyone. Also- please stop randomly posting hate messages about estate agents throughout this forum- I like things to be neat and tidy- it would be nice to have the estate agent commentary *here* in this thread.

Cheers,

SMcCarrick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

connundrum wrote: »
    If I were an EA I'd be saying all the same things.

Sure why not, its a sales job what do you expect them to say, the house is unsellable, your looking for too much.Next we will have a thread saying an estate agents not doing their job:rolleyes:

Advertisement