Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ordinary Level Irish

• 12-06-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

My irish is awful, example of this is, I got a D3, in ordinary level irish for the Jr Cert.. I am in truth, awful. i want to do an arts degree in Music and English, I may have ****ed it up in the leaving cert, may have.. If I did lets say get an E, is there anyway Nooth would let me off if I got the points? I am very passionate about the subjects im choosing and genuinely not a dosser etc, I'm just awful at Irish. No chance do you think? I do german aswell and I'd say I passed that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

Ya, universities generally overlook failing an "essential" subject if the marks in the other subjects are really good! Don't worry, u probably didn't fail thou. I thought i had failed after my french exam but then i ended up getting a B!But if worst comes to worst and u did fail they'll let u in, provided u didn't fail the subject you want to study in third level! I talked to 4 separate guidance councilors after the exam and they assured me that if I did OK in all my other subjects ill still get into university!

GOODLUCK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Thats exactly what I needed, Thank you..

Much love :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

On a similar note, is it possible to learn Irish on the side of another degree at Maynooth?

that would also interest me tbh.. I'd love to learn. I am rubbish ill admit, I was looking for part time night courses the other day tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Yep, there are evening classes in a wdie variety of languages! (I wanted to do Japanese, but its on the same time as choir :()

http://www.nuim.ie/language/evening/index.shtml

Failing that, you could just get private tuition off a money hungry student. This could be a better choice - it'd be cheaper and one on ones tend to be better, as you'll feel less self-concious talking infront of one person. Just make sure you get someone decent at the language of course! :P

Anyway, I don't study a language here, so I'm sure there'll be someone along soon who is better informed.

Good luck! :)

• Advertisement

Yep, there are evening classes in a wdie variety of languages! (I wanted to do Japanese, but its on the same time as choir :()

http://www.nuim.ie/language/evening/index.shtml

Failing that, you could just get private tuition off a money hungry student. This could be a better choice - it'd be cheaper and one on ones tend to be better, as you'll feel less self-concious talking infront of one person. Just make sure you get someone decent at the language of course! :P

Anyway, I don't study a language here, so I'm sure there'll be someone along soon who is better informed.

Good luck! :)

I might just be being blind and not reading the website right but any idea of the prices?

Hah, cheers. Works out at about €4.15 an hour for students, can't get much cheaper than that I reckon.

Thats cheap alright, but remember that they're group classes. Which ever you want I suppose!

Hmmm. Might try something myself next semester....

was it higher level French you did?

• Advertisement
Advertisement