Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Wednesday, Swimming Monday??

Options
  • 12-06-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Had a brief flick around looking for another topic on this but couldnt find one.

Basically im getting a tattoo on my hamstring, about 4x3 inches next wednesday. Im then heading away on the monday after it - will i be able to swim?

Cheers,
    Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

No, I personally wouldnt. No ammount of cover will do either as it will just come off. My main concern would be hygiene, it will still be gooey and pussy from the healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd suggest not swimming. You should avoid soaking the tattoo in water for any length of time for the first couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

cheers guys - guess ill just delay the appointment until i get back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

You're actually not allowed to immerse it in normal water, I wouldn't go near chlorine with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jackonmsn

not a great idea to get a tattoo just before/very start of a holiday anyway ....if that holiday is a sun holiday of course

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Any aftercare booklet I've ever gotten with tattoos advises against swimming in pools for 1 month after getting a tattoo.

Advertisement