Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C - Georgie

• 12-06-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

3617436719_0499988558_o.jpg

Shot as part of a promotional shoot for Prodrift Series Clothing.

1/100th, f2.8, ISO320, 80mm.

Canon 1D MKII N with Canon 70-200 2.8 L IS.

Black & White conversion done in Lightroom through the grayscale mix.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

They're some set of legs she has, god bless her.

Anyway, it's very grainy. Was that intentional? I presume so as the ISO is only 320. The lighting looks good but I think the grain effect has exacerbated what shadows are there. Not too sure about the background either, particulary the right hand side as it's very bright and stands out a little too much.

Still though, you can't take away from those legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Nice shot but +1 for annoying background, plain would have been better.
    and +1 for the great legs but her upper body pose looks a bit awkward! - but I know sweet F* all about fashion modeling :confused:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Wow! I was expecting a pic of some bloke - but very nicely surprised :D

Her right leg looks great, but I think her left leg looks a bit odd. Her foot and knee look twisted. I like the B&W, works well, but it makes the brick in the background a bit distracting.

Pretty model, probably the perfect size for a fashion shoot - bit skinny for my liking though :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Okay, have tried to reduce the impact of the background on a similar shot, any thoughts ?

3619682129_c9b15da23c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

#2 is a bit less 'fashion shoot' and a bit more 'lads mag' imo. but maybe that's the look you're going for? and the backround is even more distracting than in #1.

btw - her right foot looks a bit odd. those shoes are probably ridiculously uncomfortable though :pac: you/she should have a look at some fashion mags to see how models pose their feet to get a less awkward look.

but then i know fook all about fashion, high heels OR bein a model :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I have to agree, she doesn't look comfortable at all and the shot is too posed if you know what I mean and I don't think the grainy effect works in colour at all.
    If her legs and arms were grainy and the dress ok then it might work a little better but I suppose it's all in the eye of the beholder.
    I'd be interested to know how you lit this after looking at your camera settings as they look like they were set up for an unlit model??

On a side note, as I can't stop looking at those legs, she looks like she has a carpet burn on her right knee. Tut, tut :D

I like number 1, apart from that burned out background bit about mid way up on her left. its distracting me from her.

She looks scared in the second, which doesn't really do it for me and it looks like there is something up with her knees!

First one is quite good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Okay, have tried to reduce the impact of the background on a similar shot, any thoughts ?

3619682129_c9b15da23c.jpg

Like this one better. Sharper more definition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Hi there Georgie...

*rubs thighs* :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I like the second one but I'd get rid of those red patchs on her knees maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

+1 She does not comfortable

Wow love those legs, I wonder would some form of lighting or reflector to the right of her pop the image out a bit more on the first one the right leg seems to be getting lost in the shadow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

The first shot is really good, her face & pose are bang on. I think the conversion to b&w has killed her legs though. They just don't her justice, they seem a bit blotchy (due to the pp'ing I'm sure)

The second shot is far better, and colour works well. Her face seems a little too pouty or unsure of how she should be posing though. The texture of the ground is great while not taking away from the model. I love the little things in poses and the thing she's doing with her right foot is brilliant!

Nice shots man!

Ballyman wrote: »
    They're some set of legs she has, god bless her.

lmao - good man, thanks for the laugh!! God bless her!

Advertisement