Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sunday night GAA in sydney

Options
  • 12-06-2009 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

sorry to start a GAA thread .... anyone going out this sunday night in sydney to watch the waterford limerick game ???

i was out 2 weeks ago to watch cork n tipp in cheers..... even though im a waterford man , any championship game is worth a watch IMHO

not many deise lads in sydney from what i have seen ???,

this thread is not tied down to hurling BTW.... or munster.....

all GAA welcome......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 max T

"any championship game is worth a watch IMHO"

True especially when your not in ireland, mite hold for the Mayo/Ros match next saturday nite tho, which will hopefully go Mayos way:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Where'd you watch it? Atmosphere any use? Did they have commentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

max T wrote: »
    "any championship game is worth a watch IMHO"

True especially when your not in ireland, mite hold for the Mayo/Ros match next saturday nite tho, which will hopefully go Mayos way:D

Will probably watch that in Cheers if I'm out. Can't stand Scruffy's.
    Does anybody else find the bouncers in Cheers going from table to table looking into people's eyes (to see if they're falling asleep) as they're watching the match a bit annoying?

I watched the Cork/Kerry match last week in Paddy McGuires and I'll never watch a match in there again as long as I live. I was in the queue for a drink for the entire first half, good job there was a tele behind me so I could see the game. There were only 2 people serving in front bar and back bar and there were at least 4 rows of people waiting to be served at both bars. Surely with the shortage of jobs they could take on more staff? If their tactic is to put as little bar staff as possible so people would just leave, why bother keep the pub open or show the match in the first place?

There's not one decent spot in Sydney to watch GAA. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

watched it in paddy mcguires - terrible place to watch a game .... the doors were kept open so the place was freezing for a start ..... there were two behind the bar again but it wasnt that busy in there so it didnt really matter on that front ..... a limerick lad was really looking for a fight .... abusing any waterford player that came on the tv , screaming f***ing dirty nac*ers , tramps , wa**ers , you name it this idiot was shouting it .... then he comes over trying to talk to us ..... the teeth were black in his head and there was a smell of sweat off him .... he was in his late 20's and reminded me of a 13 yr old .

id rather have a bouncer check my eyes than have to be listening to that bull.

i'll watch it somewhere else next weekend ..... i know all limerick people are not represented by him but boy did he give me a bad image of limerick !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 max T

daftdave wrote: »
    ..... the teeth were black in his head and there was a smell of sweat off him ...

Who let him through quarantine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Daithio wrote: »
    Where'd you watch it? Atmosphere any use? Did they have commentary?

I watched in Scruffys. Was a good crowd in there, had a good laugh. They have commentary upstairs, although ya still hear the music from downstairs, but can get over that.

Will be back next week for more anyway!

lets hope luimneach david beckham enjoyed this one eh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

daftdave wrote: »
    watched it in paddy mcguires - terrible place a limerick lad was really looking for a fight .... abusing any waterford player that came on the tv , screaming f***ing dirty nac*ers , tramps , wa**ers , you name it this idiot was shouting it .... then he comes over trying to talk to us ..... the teeth were black in his head and there was a smell of sweat off him .... he was in his late 20's and reminded me of a 13 yr old .

i'll watch it somewhere else next weekend ..... i know all limerick people are not represented by him but boy did he give me a bad image of limerick !!!

I see you met BlackTooth so, i heard he was over in Sydney from the boys down in MoyRoss, hes not that bad really and can be a good laugh if you know him.

I see you met BlackTooth so, i heard he was over in Sydney from the boys down in MoyRoss, hes not that bad really and can be a good laugh if you know him.

i dont want to know him !! there's a right smell of stale sweat follows him around..... and im not joking !

Advertisement