Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re; Infraction

Options
  • 12-06-2009 6:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

It seems that I am not allowed post anything in any thread that has anything to do with bow hunting!:eek:

A thread was started some weeks ago and some 63 posts were added to this.

I posted in it and received an infraction.

Background; I have received a ban before for discussing the issue of legality of bow hunting in Ireland.
    In this case i was simply asking a question and stating whats a legal sized broad head for deer sized animals in the USA and making some comparsions to the different size of an elephant and ( ie some 20-25 times more massive) and my belief that the female hunter in question probable didn't use a broad that was 20-25 time larger!!

I think that i receiving some unfair treatment here. All other users were allowed post and as soon as i posted, my post was removed and the thread was locked!

I never mentioned the issue of Irish legality on bow hunting, this being the issue for which i was warned to keep shut on!
    See Here
    Sparks wrote:
    Dear ivanthehunter,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Being Naughty
    Ivan, I have zero problem banning you for three months five minutes after your last ban ran out if you continue to push and break the rules.

I've deleted your post asking about the technical aspects of the bow-hunting incident in that thread and locked the thread because you'd pushed it from discussing safari hunting in Africa over into discussing how to hunt animals with bows.

I'll state it again, clearly, so there's no misunderstanding here.
    Bow-hunting in Ireland is illegal. We will not discuss it again until that changes. If you bring it up, you will be banned.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    [post]60665797[/post]
    Does anyone know what size of broadhead she used?

I ask this, as in the USA a general law requires a min 1" wide broad head for deer sized animals. That said a good deer only weighs about 0.2 Ton or 200kgs and with an elephant weighing in at 4 to 5 Ton it is any where from 20 to 25 times as large!!! so if a 1" broad head is suitable on deer what size of broad head did she use??? Some how i doubt it was even bigger than 3 inches in total width

Anyone know?

All the best,
    boards.ie
    Sparks wrote:
    you'd pushed it from discussing safari hunting in Africa over into discussing how to hunt animals with bows
    When did you last see an elephant running wild in Ireland!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

We covered why discussion of bow-hunting is banned in this Help Desk thread from three weeks ago, and how you were banned for three months for ignoring that, and the reasons why such a lengthy ban was warranted, and the history that led to it.

Following the ban being upheld there, you petitioned several of the regular posters in Shooting to PM mods in an attempt to have us disregard the Admin's decision in the help desk thread. We declined to do so.

Following that, you let the remaining fortnight or so of your three month ban run out; and then the very first post you posted in the Shooting forum was to resurrect and try to derail a dormant thread that had been walking a very fine line for about a week, until it came to a conclusion a month ago. It had been discussing safari hunting in Africa and the ethics of that; you tried to bring it over to a discussion of the techniques and equipment of bow-hunting.

Since the thread had been started by a story of a specific incident where a bow had indeed been used, I made a judgment call and didn't immediately renew your three month ban - but that's all the leeway I felt was deserved there. You knew, full well, that this wouldn't be acceptable, and you did it anyway. If it was the first time this had happened Ivan - as I explained in my earlier PM to you today about this when you first complained about the infraction - I'd have given you the benefit of the doubt, but there's no further doubt remaining. You have consistently, over the course of the last year or so, tried to push the rules of the forum to see what we'd let you get away with. We're sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It seems that I am not allowed post anything in any thread that has anything to do with bow hunting!:eek:
    Correct.

Now let that be the end of the matter.

Advertisement