Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiat Punto question

• 12-06-2009 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a 2000 fiat punto sporting. Unfortunately the engine just died :( Does anyone know of anywhere that would take a trade of a car like that or some sort of scrappage? I've been looking on the net but I can't really find anything.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers
    Fusion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jeemojney

the engine died ? what's wrong with it ? it'll cost you a few quid to have it taken away for scrap I think, about 60 or 70 notes afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

PM me if you want it taken away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You will get a good deal on a straight sale for your new car. You would have been getting nothing or at least very little for your car on a trade in even when running well so dont be too upset.
    Bargain hard on your next purchase and you will work out fine.
    Whats wrong with the car. If you got it going you would get something for it on a private sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

You wont get a lot for it as the 1.2 16V engine isn't as popular or widely available as the 1.2 8V.

Your best bet would be to sell it as is, as someone may be looking for something similar as a project.

What's wrong with the engine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah, engines don't just die - something happens.

Head Gasket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

No Oil in the car, there was no warning light or anything different bout the sound of the car, it was like the engine was trying to jump out from under the bonnet all of a sudden. I had put oil in it at xmass.

Sick about it so I am. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Fusion251 wrote: »
    No Oil in the car, there was no warning light or anything different bout the sound of the car, it was like the engine was trying to jump out from under the bonnet all of a sudden. I had put oil in it at xmass.

Sick about it so I am. :eek:
    :(

Strange that no oil pressure light came on, though at this stage it probably too late anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

I'd get some one to look at it first before you scrap the car.

Could be a coil pack that went or loose vacum hose. Maybe even

a loose earth some where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Whatever caused it to happen, the damage will most likely be beyond repair.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    impossible to say really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

forget about it and get something decent :D (oops, I own fiat too, not punto though).
    my sister had two engines replaced in her fiat punto '00, spent a fortune on it and in the end sold the car for 150eur. great way of investing money (not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

FIAT= Fix.It.Again.Tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭beachlife

Fusion251 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have a 2000 fiat punto sporting. Unfortunately the engine just died :( Does anyone know of anywhere that would take a trade of a car like that or some sort of scrappage? I've been looking on the net but I can't really find anything.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers
    Fusion

my friend might take it as a deposit of another car what are you after?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Webmonkey wrote: »
    :(

Strange that no oil pressure light came on, though at this stage it probably too late anyways.
    Ifs a FIAT so the brake lights probably came on!
    ryanf1 wrote: »
    Are you psychic? How can you tell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 civic89

ahh im in dear need of the airbox off a fiat punto 1.2 16v sporting... would you be willing to sell the part?

iv looked everywhere for 1 but with no luck and i dont wanna buy a brand new 1 its wat to expensive!!

pm me if u wanna sell the parts

thanks

try fiatforum.co.uk, a lot of people have put induction kits on their Sportings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

As above try www.fiatforum.com - GSR seems to be the kit of choice, but they're pricey and they're only available to order from GSR themselves.

You tried a breakers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 civic89

iv got an induction kit n mine but it wont pass d nct because it 2% over in emissions and i think thats the problem

I doubt that's the problem. more likely a lamda sensor or catalytic convereter.

Advertisement