Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus in Charlesland

Options
  • 12-06-2009 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Sorry if people are sick of Bus threads but as somone who has never had to use the bus down here im looking for a bit of info.

The Dublin bus website says the 84 goes to Greystones, does this always pass through Charlesland? Is the 84x different and if so does this also go through Charlesand?

Finally can somone give me an idea how long these take to get to town off peak?

Thanks again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The 84X and the 184 come into Charlesland, the 84 passes by either end of the Southern Access Route, but does NOT come into Charlesland.

I've no idea of the journey time for off peak, as I only ever use it at peak times to commute. The 84X takes between an hour and an hour and twenty minutes at peak times. The 84 takes considerably longer as it has more stops and goes through Bray, Cabinteely and Stillorgan. If you were bussing it and there isn't an 84X to suit, I'd get the 184 to Bray main street and then jump off to get a 145, which is frequent and once it gets onto the N11 has a bus lane the whole way to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

The off peak record stands at around 55 mins!

Just remember its Limited stops. (84x)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Sorry if people are sick of Bus threads but as somone who has never had to use the bus down here im looking for a bit of info.

The Dublin bus website says the 84 goes to Greystones, does this always pass through Charlesland? Is the 84x different and if so does this also go through Charlesand?

Finally can somone give me an idea how long these take to get to town off peak?

Thanks again

Also, there is a large hole in the fence at the top of Charlesland right across from the 84 stop just after the roundabout coming from Kilcoole at Glenbrook Park entrance. Mind you get there early. I was walking up there the other day about 10 mins before the bus was to come and of course he appeared and i couldnt get to the stop in time. Man was angry, he must of heard me from over the bushes shouting abuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭jif

84, 184, 84x do these actually come down through the charlesland main road anymore (not the old road [mill rd] which bypasses charlesland!), dublin bus' google map routes doesnt think so :(

so who has taken it lately, is the DB route map just wrong or what?
    it shows all the buses going past the back of charlesland on the kilcoole rd and down mill rd to greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

184 and 84x still serve Charlesland, the 84 does not. the map on the website is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭jif

loyatemu wrote: »
    184 and 84x still serve Charlesland, the 84 does not. the map on the website is wrong.

thanks muchly! :D phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Is there any reason that DB do not run the 84 through Charlesland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

No need really. It's not a frequent service anyway and the 184 is adequate. If you do get the 84, it's only a short walk down the hill from Eden Gate to get to Charlesland anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

or hop over the back wall at the Crescent.

The 84 is an all round rubbish service btw - they should change it to just run Kilcoole-Bray all day, they could then increase the frequency significantly (but thats a discussion for the Commuting forum really).

Advertisement