Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game trade in prices?

• 12-06-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭

Hey ive a few games to trade in as I need a bit of money or even instore credit but just wondering can anyone tell me what Id be looking at for

Fallout 3
    Gta iv
    Bioshock
    Football manager 2008
    Mass effect

All on xbox 360. I dont live near a city so cant check.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

From what I remember Xtra-Vision generally give the best trade in deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Also you can try gamesnash.ie's trade in service. I think you can check the values quickly online these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Gamesnash gave me a substantially better trade in deal than xtravision. They also provide a shipping allowance based on weight, so I ended up paying 1 euro to ship 7 games over to Dublin 15.

Oh, what's more, when I went to trade in at xtravision, the girl behind the counter added up the prices she had quoted me and offered me 23 euro as opposed to 28 euro for the 3 games I had. After lamenting her lack of basic arithmetic, I decided feck it and took my 34 euro from gamesnash.

EDIT: The gamesnash trade in site is brilliant. I think they were offering 7 euro for mass effect which is pretty good, just remember to hang on to your save game for ME2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Oh nice, never knew the trade in stuff was that good on GameSnash.

Yeah very impressed, posted the parcel today. They even offer 4 euro for Vice City and 3.50 for San Andreas. I made about 10 euro off PS2 games that were sitting in a bag in the attic.

• Advertisement

Alternatively you can post on ad on adverts.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Some of the trade in prices on gamesnash are a bit off. They have one for football manager 2007 but not 2008 and no bioshock trade in price.

20 euro for fallout is tempting though.

Edit: Just noticed they are offering 14 euro for ico! I have that but wasnt really planning on selling it!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    From what I remember Xtra-Vision generally give the best trade in deals.

Yeah I have found this as well, especially if you are getting trade in credit instead of straight cash.

joe123 wrote: »
    Some of the trade in prices on gamesnash are a bit off. They have one for football manager 2007 but not 2008 and no bioshock trade in price.

Edit: Just noticed they are offering 14 euro for ico! I have that but wasnt really planning on selling it!

You can fill out the form they provide and they will give you a quote if the game isn't listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

do you know that gamestop have a promo if you trade in any xbox 360 games you'll get some of the games for 5 euro which is pretty good...

i trade in my the club earlier for mortal kombat vs dc universe the original price of mk vs dc is 45 euro and i got it for 5 euro... :D

the games have promo are

fable 2
    mk vs dc
    rainbow six vegas 2
    etc... just go check yourself im pretty sure they got loads....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

jomz27 wrote: »
    do you know that gamestop have a promo if you trade in any xbox 360 games you'll get some of the games for 5 euro which is pretty good...

i trade in my the club earlier for mortal kombat vs dc universe the original price of mk vs dc is 45 euro and i got it for 5 euro... :D

the games have promo are

fable 2
    mk vs dc
    rainbow six vegas 2
    etc... just go check yourself im pretty sure they got loads....
    I traded a few games on that deal, but be warned, they're not accepting EVERY game anymore, they have a list of exclusions now, i dont know whats on it, because all my ****e old games cleared. WOOOT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

If you trade in them games in Xtravision you'll get a total of €60 store credit for them.

Fallout 3 - €25
    Grand Theft Auto IV - €15
    Bioshock - €7
    Football manager 2008 - €8
    Mass Effect - €5
    Total - €60

Can't remember the exact figures but I'm nearly sure thats right. You defo get €25 for Fallout 3.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

joe123 wrote: »

Hi Joe,

The database for the trade in site was copied across from the main gamesnash site. Because this launched late in 2007 it contains games that we have stocked new since then as well as any games that were traded in along the way. We had never received a trade in of either of the above games so they weren't on the system. The logistics of putting up every single game ever released would be a bit of a nightmare so what we do is anytime we are asked to quote a game not on the site we add it at the same time as we do the quote. The 2 games have been added now.

As was already mentioned there is a form that can be filled in with any games not on the site or whos condition does not meet the standards specified on the site.

Advertisement