Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which on campus accomodation is best??

• 12-06-2009 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,
    So I'm doing the leaving cert now and there's a good chance that I'll be heading to NUIM in Sept, well, hopefully anyway, so I'm applying for on campus accomodation but I really don't have a clue which to put down as my 1st preference so was hoping that I'd get some help here. Which of the accomodations, Rye Hall, River apartments or Village apartments are best to live in in terms of good craic, size, everyone getting along and stuff like that or does it even matter??(For a girl who probably won't know anybody else going to Maynooth because all my friends are heading to either Galway or Dub.)
    Any help at all would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Village>River>Rye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭niall3r

River apartments = ensuite, easy internet access, better maintenance, more craic, mixed apartments

unless alot has changed in the last couple of years, there is absolutely no competition.

Maynooth is the best campus, definitly brilliant for your undergrad years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I'm pretty sure River aren't mixed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

I'm pretty sure River aren't mixed...
    River are in fact mixed.

I lived there when I was a fresher and there was three girls and two lads.

River are the best but I found the showers to be crap but other then that they are great.

Village were terrible when I first came to Maynooth but they have upgraded all of them and they are in great condition now but there is two bathrooms in the apartment to share with 5 other people and they are not mixed because of this.

Rye think its 7 people to an apartment, two bathrooms and thick walls ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I'va applied for on campus accom. just for the sake of first year, but when I had a look on some housing websites I found the accommodation to be up to €200 euro cheaper a month than campus!!
    Think I shall be declining campus accommodation if I get offered it, at rates like that just as close I think you'd be mad to pay €500! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

I'va applied for on campus accom. just for the sake of first year, but when I had a look on some housing websites I found the accommodation to be up to €200 euro cheaper a month than campus!!
    Think I shall be declining campus accommodation if I get offered it, at rates like that just as close I think you'd be mad to pay €500! :eek:

Campus is very expensive like it has gone up from €400 to €440 now in the past 3 years but for a first year it is a great place to live as most people on campus are first years. I know a few people who lived with each other the hole way through college and they lived in the same apartment the hole way though as well. Though I on the other hand had a different time, me and my house mates didn't get along what so ever we had nothing in common except for the fact we students in Maynooth. I even felt thought I was going to dropping out of my course and reapplied to the CAO and UCAS but then things picked up in the second semester.

I've paid €367 and €350 in the last two years for houses I've lived in which is a lot cheaper but you have to include bins, esb, heating etc all on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Rye are the worst.

It's a toss up between village and river.

Village: Wireless internet, larger and more comfortable kitchen, small bedrooms, no ensuite.
    River: No wireless, kitchens aren't as nice, bedrooms are much larger, you have an ensuite.

Advertisement