Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macaris Dundrum - How the mighty have fallen!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭diego ribas

can anybody recommend a decent chipper by Ranelagh/Donneybrook?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Cephei

Tails142 wrote: »
    A few years ago you would have heard people say how Macaris in Dundrum was possibly the greatest chipper in all the lands. That was back when they were situated near the post office on Dundrums Main Street. All their food was gorgeous and the chipper was decorated nicely with an inviting wooden shop front.

Since they moved out to where they are now, beside Domino's near the Luas bridge things have gone drastically down hill. Their food just doesnt seem as tasty on the whole, I got a spice burger there a couple of weeks ago and it was literally soaked through with grease :confused: I gave it a press and grease actually poured out of it like a sponge, I ate it of course but I could feel the grease line my throat and felt fairly unwell afterwards (I'm a glutton). Thinking it was a once off I went back again there yesterday for more, but their spice burger, while not AS greasy as before was just as digusting, non flavoursome, overcooked and bland, I ended up giving it to my Dad after one bite, who later got sick as a result :P Not because it was cooked dodgily I hasten to add, just because it was pure gross.

Their American Burgers used to be the stuff of legends but now its just 'meh'. And their new premises is horribly decorated, its a real shit hole to be honest, especially when compared to where they used to be.

OH MACARIS, WHAT HAPPENDED TO YOU, WHYYYYYYYYYY :(

That was back in Tonys day,the original Dundrum Macaris.. when Macaris was a place where you'd get a free bottle of coke if you spent more than a tenner and a place where even if you ordered a loan batter sausage you would get a load of free chips as well.. Tony was the soundest bloke ever and his wife wasnt half bad too...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Cephei

Bryn wrote: »
    I never liked Macari's!

The best chipper ever in Dundrum was the Stella!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO how could you say such a thing! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Just to let you know folks San Marino now does "recession meals" so you can get a 1/4 pounder with chips and drink for 5 euro, kebab meal for 8 euro etc. We've been taking advantage of this offer for a while. The difference is that you get a can not a bottle and the portion of chips might be smaller (my bf says it's just a little smaller, I think it's exactly the same as a standard meal). That's both takeaway and delivery and is called "Combos" on the website:
    http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-sanmarino/menu

Advertisement