Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Wood - Management Fees

Options
  • 12-06-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Another letter came through the door today from Wyse, the Management Company for Charlesland Wood. Apparently 88 homes have paid nothing to date. This means the Management Company is €87000 short on it's budget!

They're threatening to reduce the general services we ALL enjoy, such as grounds maintenance.

Does anyone agree that this would have the opposite of what's intended? I, for one, would find it very difficult to continue paying the fee if there was a further deterioration in grounds maintenance. Surely there has to be a better way?!

Any suggestions? I was thinking that window stickers sent to those who HAVE paid might shame the non-payers into compliance. Something along the lines of "I support our community areas"?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Apparently 88 homes have paid nothing to date.

Could be that there are 88 homes empty so the window stickers you talk about would be shouting at thin air .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MichaelWestern

There is one car in front of each house so I wouldn't say there are 88 empty houses.

I agree that these letters are probably sending the wrong message. I am sure there has to be a better way.

To all these 88 owners, just think where you want to live, clean and tidy or dirty and umpleasant? Even if you are renting the property, you may want to sell it one day, and I guarantee you will sell better if the state is clean and tidy so just think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ok this is a concern - especially when those who have paid will see the place deteriorate or even perhaps insurances not getting paid with no cover for public for even buildings insurnce for the duplex/apartments.

What I am interested in is if me, as a member of the managament company, is entitled to know which properties have not paid their fee? An element of name and shame could be used.

Obviously the names or addresses would not be published here!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Would it not be up to the Management Company to chase the non paying residents for their money?

Definitely think it is unfair on paying residents to get reduced services due to those not paying their way. Could the management company get away with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Very quickly adding to this as I am about to head out:

I thought the drill was that the non payment of mgmt fees meant that there would be a debt accruing to the house and should the householder ever go to sell that the mgmt co. would get the money at that stage.

Of course money not paid plus interest.

• Advertisement

FirstIn wrote: »
    should the householder ever go to sell that the mgmt co. would get the money at that stage.

Yeah thats right, but still, they may not sell this year, so that still leaves money for this year unpaid and services for this year unpaid.

Does anyone think the Commitee needs to meet and discuss this with concerned members of the managament company?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

I'm no Steven Hawkins but €87K down from 88 homes, thats just under a grand per house, so if they have never paid how is the amount only €87k if the Woods is over four years in existence? Also in the first year there was a surplus, plus a sinking fund. Was it invested in Anglo or something?

wicklowdub wrote: »
    I'm no Steven Hawkins but €87K down from 88 homes, thats just under a grand per house, so if they have never paid how is the amount only €87k if the Woods is over four years in existence? Also in the first year there was a surplus, plus a sinking fund. Was it invested in Anglo or something?

I'm not sure what exactly is going on in the background, hence the suggestion to hold some sort of meeting to see who, or which types of units (be it duplex, apartment 2 bed house of 4 bed house) have not paid their fee.

So as it stands, and this is the way I see it from a layman's perspective, is that Leasehold owners in CW that have not paid are not in compliance with the covenants of their leases - excuse the rough legal terminology - and for recovery of the fees can be concluded through the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Unfortunately if the services which are being provided by the management company suffer, those of us that are paying will stop too, and will have to get a third party to provide the services individually. The reality is that some element of the properties owing money are probably rented accommodation so naming and shaming wouldn't work. You might end up naming the wrong person and end up in trouble!
    As for getting the money, the time for letters has passed. I believe that a person from the Agents should call to the owners address which may not be in Charlesland, and try to discuss the matter in person. If it has been continuing over a number of years it is more likely to be ignorance and a blanket refusal to pay rather than tempoary money problems. The problem with putting a charge against the property is that no money will be recovered until the property is sold which could be a great number of years, and the bank will take their pound of flesh first, so any properties in negative equity will leave nothing for the company. The immediate problem is carrying on business on a day to day basis, and no amount of future income will help the current problem.
    I do however feel that the information on the defaulting owners should be provided to the members of the company and that we are intitled to it, however as very few people attend the AGM's where this was discussed I feel very few people are interested in the matter.

Advertisement