Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for afterhours for 3 days

Options
  • 12-06-2009 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I was having a bit of banter in AH and made a joke to someone who I don't know or who I've ever seen that they had a fat ass. WTF? I'm personally devastated. Can this please be overturned, I'm sure if you ask the person it was directed at they will say they weren't offended in the slightest and knew it was a joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Did you get a PM from the mod that banned you? If so, did you reply to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

yeah I got a PM from javaboy but didn't reply because they always tell me to take any complaints/appeals here

heres the PM:

javaboy wrote:
    Hi shamblertine,

You have been banned from After Hours for the following duration:

3 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Personal abuse: Telling another poster they had a fat ass. You might want to check out the thunderdome under Sys in the menu. That type of thread is better off there.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 3 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

PM received about this. I'll reply to it now.

I'm not really comfortable with javaboy looking into this, he's being quite unsympathetic and I feel his behaviour is quite threatening and intimidating. I explained my situation to him and how I had nothing to do this weekend but he wasn't willing to listen, I'd like another mod to look into this and reverse the ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Sigh. Please post in full or report any PMs you feel are threatening/intimidating.

What was your reply to that PM? Maybe javaboy could post it as I'm sure you're ok with it?

I'm ok with it, but maybe intimidating and agressive were the wrong words, I think the word I was looking for was dismissive, but whatever, I don't care anymore. As a parting gift I'd like to declare jihad on all of you.

the word I was looking for was dismissive, but whatever, I don't care anymore.
    You're dismissing this then, ok.

Advertisement