Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When I click on USER CP I seemed to be logged out but click on any other forum & ok

Options
  • 12-06-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,770 ✭✭✭✭

Just logged in this evening and I usually have my User CP page bookmarked on boards so I can read through the threads I'm subscribed too but clicked on the link and it says I'm not logged in I log in on that page and it still says not logged in if I click on any of the forums say Bargain Alerts and it shows I'm logged in. Anyone got any ideas why this is I'm using IE8 for a few weeks without issue.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

First thought is to clear all cache and history and start afresh with a new login. Probably a good idea to do that regularly anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,770 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Gordon wrote: »
    First thought is to clear all cache and history and start afresh with a new login. Probably a good idea to do that regularly anyway.

Hi Gordon,

Yeah I did that before I posted but didn't make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Does it do the same on another browser?

Gordon wrote: »
    Does it do the same on another browser?

Actuallu tried firefox and it doesn't error, but I find it strange it does it today and it was fine yesterday, I didn't do any M$ updates so not sure whats gone wrong??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Try clicking ctrl-F5 rather than just F5 for a hard cache reset to see if makes any difference. Your ISP or work server may be caching something, F5 may well be just asking them for their version of the settings and that may not be enough.

• Advertisement

sceptre wrote: »
    Try clicking ctrl-F5 rather than just F5 for a hard cache reset to see if makes any difference. Your ISP or work server may be caching something, F5 may well be just asking them for their version of the settings and that may not be enough.

Thank you sir that hard cache reset has seemed to work, I'm using ntl so it might be something to do with their side.

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Cool, glad you're sorted:)

Advertisement