Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't dream

Options
  • 12-06-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

i wish i dreamt.
    i think dreams can dictate your life to some extent.
    why don't i dream?
    maybe i've no imagination.....
    im just blank
    is there anyone else like this?
    im 22, havent had a dream since i was about 8/9 and even then, it was usually about snakes choking me to death or fire.....its like i was in hell in my sleep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bigobriener

My brother has the same problem. Its not you don't dream, its that you don't remember. Sleep is the process where you rest the brain aswel as body. Your brain is at constant work making sure your heart is beating and lungs in use without you doing it intentionally. Theres parts of the brain where we don't control, and theres a part in yours where theres no link between memory and your dreams. Well thats what my bro's GP said, which can't really be cured, sorry to say!
    To be honest I see it a good thing, I hate my dreams, most people do. 80% percent of it is fu**ed up anyhow!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You dream, just no recall. If you want to, perhaps the threads on active dreaming in this forum might help? Or maybe a late pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

You just don't remember. I go months without remembering any of mine, then other times I'd remember every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I go throught phase where I seem to dream a lot and others where I don't dream at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

For the past while I've been constantly dreaming, waking up, dreaming etc and so in the morning am absolutely exhausted

I wish I could switch off my dreams

• Advertisement
Advertisement