Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche

Options
  • 12-06-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

My friend was telling me about a creche that they where working in recently its a very well known i dont want to name it as i dont want to be banned...This happened a couple of weeks ago when they worked cooking meals for the kids for a few days, there was about 90 kids to feed.There was a bag of chick fillets left for them to use with maybe 8/10 fillets which where to be used for lunch that day to make a pasta dish or maybe rissotto dish whatever...8 or 10 fillets to feed about 90 kids even jesus would find that difficult .my child who is a lot older now went to creche full time, i made sure that he was getting well looked after and the proper amount of nutrition.Can parents who are paying up to 1000euros a month be really fooled into thinking that their kids are well looked after just because its really trendy....

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

if you or your friend have any complaints about a particular creche you should contact your local HSE office

http://www.hse.ie/eng/Find_a_Service/Environmental_Health/Childcare_standards1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I don't neccessarily see anything wrong with the situation you describe. Of the 90 kids, a number will have been babies which do not take solids yet/ not take the provided meal yet. For the others, if this is for a pasta sauce/ pasta bake, and the kids will get lots of pasta and some veggies to go with this, and maybe a piece of fruit or a desert, that seems like a nice lunch.

That being said yes, parents should always check out a creche, and pop in every now and then to ensure everything is ok. My twins go to playschool two mornings a week, and the place they go, you have the option of providing a lunch for your kids or pay for the school lunch (for 18 months up- smaller babies you must send with lunch/ bottles/ EBM). The lunch schedule is printed up and posted on the notice board.

Advertisement