Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AM Kelly returns to Mid 103

• 12-06-2009 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Well I'm not suprised. That graveyard shift you can only do for so long. Anyway a good move all round I'd say. Wouldn't be a big fan but best of luck with new breakfast show..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Haha. I've got middle-aged relatives who listen to Midlands 103 religiously - I can't wait to hear what they think of AM Kelly :p

TBH, I don't blame her. There's only so long you can do those godawful graveyard shifts. Especially, as in her case, there's no sign of getting a show involving more social hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Read her interview on the Herald last week -

Why I quit dream radio job to look after my baby girl
    Ann Marie Kelly has said a sad farewell to Dublin after quitting her job at Today FM.

The new mum, who has worked at the station for nine years, claims being there to see daughter Grace grow up is now more important than her career.

She presented the AM Kelly show from 5am to 7am, five mornings a week and said the early mornings and looking after a new baby was difficult.

disappointed

She said she had approached Today FM bosses after returning from her six months' maternity leave in the hopes of securing a later show but they were unable to accommodate her request.

Ann Marie told the Herald she was disappointed to leave the station -- but wanted to put Grace first.

She said: "It was just too hard to sustain the early hours, but they didn't have anything else.

"I've been doing cover work since I came back and I did have the option to continue doing that but it's too irregular.

"A point comes in your life when your attitude changes towards your career, when you have something more special in your life that takes over."

She acknowledged that recent job losses at Today FM meant it was unlikely there would be any daytime presenting jobs soon.

Alison Curtis, who hosts a daily show from 10pm, is now the only full-time female presenter at the station.

Ann Marie has signed up to present the breakfast show on Midland's 103 and says she can't wait to start her new job, which starts on June 15.

drive

She will be on air at 6.30am broadcasting from studios in Tullamore, a short drive from her home in Portlaoise.

She said: "I moved back to Portlaoise from Dublin recently and to do the show on Today FM I would have had to leave my house at 2.30am every day.

"Now I just have to drive to Tullamore every morning, which is 20 minutes away."

Ann Marie and her colleagues enjoyed a farewell lunch earlier this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

So Tim Kelly gets the early show on Todayfm on a permanent basis then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good for her.... Very likeable, and she has pretty good taste in music too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Mr E wrote: »

i for one will miss her best show at that time and she had a great relationship whit her listeners. good luck am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

GSF wrote: »
    So Tim Kelly gets the early show on Todayfm on a permanent basis then?

I like TK. Mind he looks and sounds like a werewolf. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 McSemtex

AMK was the only good thing bout getting up at 6 in the morning for work! Luckily, i've been made redundant, so didn't I even notice she'd gone! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mr E wrote: »

+1 I'll be sorry to see her go. I used to turn off when she was over, because the jabbering would start.

Advertisement