Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchased .com but how do i point it

Options
  • 12-06-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

I purchased a .com domain name from blacknight and now i want to point it at my web space that i purchased from a separate webhost. The webhost tell me to change the namespace values ( ns1 and ns2 )
    from ns1.blacknight.com to their namespaces but this doesn't seem possible thru the blacknight control panel as these values seem to be read-only. You can "Change DNS Hosting to External" but it does not allow you specify different values. I'm confused. Any help would help allot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Thanks, that has sorted it. Very strange that one needs to go in thru the "Billing" menu to change a value like this. Not very obvious at all. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

bmm wrote: »
    Thanks, that has sorted it. Very strange that one needs to go in thru the "Billing" menu to change a value like this. Not very obvious at all. :rolleyes:
    Yah, this was my complaint before too. :(

Advertisement