Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco

Options
  • 13-06-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi. i recently purchased in car dvd players from a tesco store in clare, as they were xmas presents for my kids they tore the box belonging to them they stopped working 8 weeks ago, I brought them back to tesco and they would not replace them as i had no reciept, but a member off their staff confoimed i got them at the store, the worst thing is they held on to them to get some one to fix it ive gone into the store every week since then and the just have a different excuse each time could any one offer some advise if this has happened to them.

thanks vaneesa :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

best advice is keep your receipts ,to be fair you could have bought those anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If Tesco have accepted your return, even without the receipt, then you have a right to get them fixed, replaced or a refund, in a timely manner. If it has been more than 3-4 weeks, start looking for your money back. Tesco will naturally refuse this (because they're like that), and you should then threaten action in the small claims court. Say all this to a manager, anyone else will be a waste of your time.

If they bring up the lack of receipt, it's too late. They already accepted them and accepted that they would repair them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Do as jor el says. You have a case for the small claims court by the fact that they accepted the item back to be repaired thus acknowledging that you did buy the item there.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

madmik wrote: »
    best advice is keep your receipts ,to be fair you could have bought those anywhere
    fair point bit as a member of staff confirmed i bought them there that should be enough to get them fixed.

jor el wrote: »
    If Tesco have accepted your return, even without the receipt, then you have a right to get them fixed, replaced or a refund, in a timely manner. If it has been more than 3-4 weeks, start looking for your money back. Tesco will naturally refuse this (because they're like that), and you should then threaten action in the small claims court. Say all this to a manager, anyone else will be a waste of your time.

If they bring up the lack of receipt, it's too late. They already accepted them and accepted that they would repair them.

thanks for your advise:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Scottie99

How did you pay for the item? If you paid by CC you may have an option because this is prove of purchase

Scottie99 wrote: »
    How did you pay for the item? If you paid by CC you may have an option because this is prove of purchase

no i paid cash for them:(

Advertisement