Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of the Dead Gypsy Head.Meaning?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Day of the dead is usually associated with Sugar skulls, Ive never seen a gypsie head, altough it looks very cool.

http://images.google.ie/images?hl=en&q=sugar+skull&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=3&oq=sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Ok so i've checking the meanings for day of the dead skull (sugar skulls) and gypsy heads seperately and i came up that sugar skulls are for remembering people who have died and gypsy heads bring the owner good fortune.So I just sorta combined the two and came up that the day of the dead gypsy head remembers the dead and brings the owner good fortune :confused::confused::confused:.Would anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sounds likely to me!

That one above is a strikingly beautiful tattoo too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Sounds likely to me!

That one above is a strikingly beautiful tattoo too :)

Ya i agree,I think Jani from Zulu did that 1.It's amazing what he can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Ok so i've checking the meanings for day of the dead skull (sugar skulls) and gypsy heads seperately and i came up that sugar skulls are for remembering people who have died and gypsy heads bring the owner good fortune.So I just sorta combined the two and came up that the day of the dead gypsy head remembers the dead and brings the owner good fortune :confused::confused::confused:.Would anyone agree?

I think you are correct. Day of the Dead is a pretty cool day, I think :p.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

skywards wrote: »
    I think you are correct. Day of the Dead is a pretty cool day, I think :p.

Dunno why but Ive always wanted a sugar skull so Im getting one done here in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Dunno why but Ive always wanted a sugar skull so Im getting one done here in an hour.
    Awesome! Come back with pics Hellrazer!!! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Awesome! Come back with pics Hellrazer!!! :D
    Pics in the Ill show you mine thread Damo.

Advertisement