Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

123 Insurance

• 13-06-2009 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

I've gotten some advertising/promotional material lately from 123.ie insurance, including emails, so I thought 'd get a quote online just to compare. But every time I fill up the questionairre, then go on to the "add car" section, after filling in the details, it refuses to progress any further and just freezes up! I've double checked that everything is all filled in properly, but no joy. Anybody else have any similar problems, or success even?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

i tried for 3 days online to get quote for my wifes car and when i finally
    got it, was cheaper than most quotes i got...
    But thats when the fun started...it took another 4 days to get her insured
    because when i spoke to them on the phone i might as well be speaking an alien language,i felt like i was talking to someone who was having a
    conversation with someone else and at one stage i was sure i phoned
    the wrong number :confused:
    after a few calls i was told she was insured but didn't recieve any paper
    work for over a week..
    then when her car was going to be serviced i tried to transfer her insurance onto another car and the confusion started again..
    thats when i cancelled it and that in turn was just as difficult as getting
    the insurance the first day...that took 2 weeks of phonecalls...
    Best of luck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

benj wrote: »
    i tried for 3 days online to get quote for my wifes car and when i finally
    got it, was cheaper than most quotes i got...
    But thats when the fun started...it took another 4 days to get her insured
    because when i spoke to them on the phone i might as well be speaking an alien language,i felt like i was talking to someone who was having a
    conversation with someone else and at one stage i was sure i phoned
    the wrong number :confused:
    after a few calls i was told she was insured but didn't recieve any paper
    work for over a week..
    then when her car was going to be serviced i tried to transfer her insurance onto another car and the confusion started again..
    thats when i cancelled it and that in turn was just as difficult as getting
    the insurance the first day...that took 2 weeks of phonecalls...
    Best of luck :D

Is that so bad?! I was thinking to switch for them, becouse they are the only ones who would insure me on some sports cars withouth sky high premiums :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

buy a magnifying glass and.....read the small print (there's always a catch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

sogood wrote: »
    I've gotten some advertising/promotional material lately from 123.ie insurance, including emails, so I thought 'd get a quote online just to compare. But every time I fill up the questionairre, then go on to the "add car" section, after filling in the details, it refuses to progress any further and just freezes up! I've double checked that everything is all filled in properly, but no joy. Anybody else have any similar problems, or success even?
    Thanks

I went with them last year, had no problems with them at all and 33% cheaper than next insurer, fully comp, no brainer really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Thanks

It always stalls using Internet Explorer.

Install Safari (Apple Internet brower). It works fine using this and you'll get a quote.

I find 123 are good for high powered cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Great for me. Cheaper by a long long way than my previous insurer. They wanted something like 1400 on top of the 450 i had aleady paid so 1850. 123 are insuring me for 630!!!!

I found the service online and over the phone very good. I had issues with my old broker getting my NCB sent out and 123 were very helpful and understanding.

I had a problem with the online quoting system though. I think i was using Firefox so switched to Internet explorer and it solved it. It could have been the other way round. Cant remember but try a different Browser anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Use them for house insurance, no problems at all to date.

Found chill.ie were able to get a markedly lower quote for me than 123, but 123 were second lowest out of everyone I tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Many thanks for your responses. Seems like it might be worth my while in persisting with them, maybe a phone call will do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Many thanks for your responses. Seems like it might be worth my while in persisting with them, maybe a phone call will do the trick.

Use Firefox or Safari as I have said and it will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

1.5k cheaper for me then anybody else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

saved 200 euro on home insurance but found no nonsence through ryanair cheaper on the car also it4women.ie really cheap for the oh car insurance :D

Advertisement