Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which aeg to get. MP5 sd5 or sig 552 commando.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the second one

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MP5s have more accesories available, but the mags can be a pain(IMO). Sig however has very few bolt ons etc but has nice chunky mags that clip together. Mp5 takes a bigger battery though. In any case, its personal preference, they are both gonna preform very similarly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Ive used a TM sd5 a few times. Mags are grand. You can get mag clips too if you want to click em together.

Feels nice to hold becuase of the front grip being plasticy rubber stuff (<< Technical term). Bit of a squeak out of it sometimes, but only if you twist the gun.....something which you never do while actually airsofting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Actually having this discussion with the bro lately! He's his heart set on a 552, but alas I'm an MP5 w***e :p I've a MP5A4 and recently got the gf a MP5K so she could skirmish with us and she loves it!

At the end of the day it all depends on personal preference. Have you used both models yet?? Maybe try get to a retailer near you and see which you're most comfortable with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Andrewrob

ye i will probs get the mp5 sd5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Whatever you like the look of better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

This may not be a vallid opinon but I think you should get the MP5 one, hardly anyone has that and it looks whoppar with british DPM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

ok firstly... More bolt on accessories? WHy do you need to bolt crap to your gun? it wont make you shoot better, and frankly, the only useful boltons, CAN go on a sig too... you know they make a ris handguard for a 552? point now mute.

next....

the mp5 and sig have near identical performance at 1j. So theres no real advantage. the mp5 is slightly longer because of the silencer, but hey... its admitely quite nice looking. I'd suggest looking at the sd6 too... sliding stock like the sigs folder = better for up close and storage. the mp5sd5 with the full stock and silencer is longer than an m4... id consider that one in your thought processes....

Personally? 552... its comfier to hold, the mags are more a pain.. m4 sized, but with tabs on like g36... = PITA to carry...

mp5 mags are troublesome? no, m4 x2 mag pouch hold 4 mp5 mags, or very stretched 2 sig mags...

if someone mentions the hicap size issue... well, its mute, they are both 200-220...

At the end of the day, this depends on your personal asthetic view of the guns, as with most of airsoft... Dont think the silencer of them mp5 allows you to extend the barrel... it will honestly make no difference, and negates the silencing effrect that can be achived... that DOES however have a use...

My personal view? the sig... you dont see many, and every player and his pet koala have an mp5...

Advertisement