Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

erasmus problem

Options
  • 13-06-2009 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi everyone. so im coming to the end of my erasmus and im a little scared!im studying international business and german and you have to get 40 credits over here to pass the year.im startin to really worry that i wont get the 40 credits.does anybody know what happens if u fail erasmus?do you have to repeat the erasmus or repeat it in ireland or what?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Ok - every time i scroll through DIT threads this keeps annoying me:

wtf is erasmus????

• Registered Users Posts: 7 love_apple

Ok I did erasmus in Italy from NUIG and I didn't get all my credits and I was fine.. they just said they'd get us to write an essay when we got back. but I think it depends on the faculty.. so its prob best you just contact your course coordinator at home.. scary i know but ul feel alot better afterwards.. Good luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

john47832 wrote: »
    Ok - every time i scroll through DIT threads this keeps annoying me:

wtf is erasmus????

erasmus is studying aboard as part of ur course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Oh, what part of Germany are you in? Jena? I'm finishing up my Erasmus in Germany too, but I've no exams lined up (went with the attendance and homework option) so I'm confident enough with the credits.
    From previous years in my course I know some students failed to make up enough credits and had to come to an arrangement with the course head. Most students had to write an extra essay etc, but this option was in no way a given right.
    40 ECTS is a bit of an odd number ... normally most colleges (including DIT) look for 30 ECTS per semester. If your course is expecting 40 ECTS from Germany and then giving you 20 ECTS for other work then I'd be more confident that you could work something out. Vielleicht.

Advertisement