Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems texting New Zealand

• 13-06-2009 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    A friend of mine moved to New Zealand last week, she bought a New Zealand sim straight away. She can text me and I get her messages, but I can't send messages to her :( I can ring her phone and get through though :confused: She can also receive messages from other Irish numbers.

I'm on o2 pay as you go. I rang o2 today and got a bit of a crappy excuse saying that they couldn't guarantee international texts, but from what he thought it was a problem at her end. So I rang her and she told me she was receiving averybody else's texts. The guy from o2 also said that the best network for her to be on to receive my texts is Vodafone as they have an agreement with them over there, but she is on Vodafone already. I will probably ring o2 again tomorrow.

Anybody have any problems like this before?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

mang. i've had to put up with crap like that from meteor.some countries and satellite phones just dont work. i thought O2 was fairly well connected like that but obviously not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bryn wrote: »
    Anybody have any problems like this before?!

Yes, this happens quite a bit. Its not just confined to o2, all networks have different international agreements.

The reason he said the best network to be on is vodafone, is because if an o2 billpay customer goes to new zealand using their irish sim they can use vodafone over their. Thats different than using a new zealand vodafone sim.
    If you have an o2 pay as you go sim, you cant use any network in new zealand.

You can try send a webtext to her, as they send international but i wouldn't be holding much faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

All is working fine today!
    I did download the mms and wap settings again from the o2 website, but can't see why that would make much difference, but my texts are working now so I can't complain! :D

Advertisement