Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muggings in Dublin 8

Options
  • 13-06-2009 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Has anybody experienced a mugging in Dublin 8? I used to consider where I live quite safe. But yesterday I was mugged and beaten. Thankfully they only stole my handbag with 50 euros, makeup and my camera in it (my phone was dead so I had it charging in my house). They bruised me too though. I have a bruise on my neck thats more unsightly than painful. I was so shaken for it that I do not see myself going out at night for the forseeable future. Can I just say these two men who did this are bastards and I hope they get caught.

But it raises an interesting argument: is crime on the rise in your area?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

WHAT SCUMBAGS

sorry mate just defo a dublin thing nice and safe down around our area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Lady Luck wrote: »

I don't usually put forward an argument with a question mark on the end of it.

And no, not that I've noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Lady Luck

Thank you peoples for the sympathy. I am so distraught, but I'm trying not to let it show because who wants to show weakness, yes?

I just think its disgraceful. My friend Leigh got mugged too a few months ago where she lives (Dublin 1).

hi lady luck your always quite welcome down here to stay a few nights maybe in the summer with me the mrs the kids you wont be imposing,spare room kettel hot water tea in the morning 2 waffles bowl of hooney loops:p

• Advertisement

hi lady luck your always quite welcome down here to stay a few nights maybe in the summer with me the mrs the kids you wont be imposing,spare room kettel hot water tea in the morning 2 waffles bowl of hooney loops:p
    Awww thank you baby! Enniscorthy, Wexford, right? Is there much to see and do in Wexford? x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

hmm... taking the bag is bad enough but slapping you around is a whole other level. especially to a girl.

no crime rise in my area....but im a country boy...sorta

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

crime in longford cant go any higher than it is now. ill never find my set of blue pens! :(

Awww thank you baby! Enniscorthy, Wexford, right? Is there much to see and do in Wexford? x

hehehehehehehahahahahahahahohohohohohohoho ;) :P:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

thats a no then

• Advertisement

Mousey- wrote: »
    hmm... taking the bag is bad enough but slapping you around is a whole other level. especially to a girl.

They took my bag and in the struggle one of them clenched my throat and pushed me away kinda. they didn't strike me. I still hate them. Scum.

Cherryghost, hehehe! but this is no laughing matter. x

hehehehehehehhe my babies. xx

They took my bag and in the struggle one of them clenched my throat and pushed me away kinda. they didn't strike me. I still hate them. Scum.

Cherryghost, hehehe! but this is no laughing matter. x

i assume you reported that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Mousey- wrote: »

So much for gender equality :rolleyes:

I hate scumbags, especially f*ckers who mug people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Pick strawberries and then sell them on the side of the road. Quare good fun.

i assume you reported that?
    Yes but the Gardai said there's nothing they could do about it. I just gave them the description of my bag and camera. I couldn't see the men's faces because it was dark and I was taking a shortcut though a dark street.

Yes but the Gardai said there's nothing they could do about it. I just gave them the description of my bag and camera. I couldn't see the men's faces because it was dark and I was taking a shortcut though a dark street.

You just broke rule number one by takinig the shortcut. In a dark street.

markok84 wrote: »
    Pick strawberries and then sell them on the side of the road. Quare good fun.

DEFO AND SPUDS AND DVDS HEHEHEAHAHAHAHHHOHOHHO

You just broke rule number one by takinig the shortcut. In a dark street.
    So I deserve to get mugged violently? **** you.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

Thank you peoples for the sympathy. I am so distraught, but I'm trying not to let it show because who wants to show weakness, yes?

I just think its disgraceful. My friend Leigh got mugged too a few months ago where she lives (Dublin 1).

I live in Dublin 1 and it's calmed down loads around here over the last few years plus just saying D1 is a bit vague. I got mugged in Tara street train station so I could say I got mugged in D2 but the people who did it were from nowhere near town so does that really say anything about the dangers of D2.
    Also I mean there can be a huge range in the safety of areas withina postcode like theres a world of difference between Clontarf and Eastwall(no offence intended here) and the are both D3 so don't think it's fair to tarnish a whole postcode based on some possible problems in one part of it.

Hope that all came across how I intended it to I'm pretty shattered here.

• Advertisement

I didnt say you deserve it. I'm sorry to hear what happened, but you cant assume anything (in your case, a dark street) these days :(

Thank you Samaurai Kebab. I understand what you are saying, but I believe Dublin 8 as a whole is just getting more violent. :(

You just broke rule no.2 of AH.Don't take things so seriously and never EVER reply with a f*ck you.

Expect one of these

Moderator:
    Attack the post not the poster. BANNED 30 weeks, see you soon.

/Any time now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

amacachi wrote: »
    I don't usually put forward an argument with a question mark on the end of it.
    :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

No ban. Just cool it a little.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it. xx

:pac: You must be new to after hours.

Anyways, next time avoid dark streets and don't look distant or unaware. Look straight on and confident.

Thank you so much for the leniancy. I would be lost without these boards.

Yeah I guess it wasn't the brightest idea in the world to walk home through a dark allyway pissed. Its a horrifically stereotypical mugging really.

In future I will look confident and alert. thank you for the support peoples. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭CAPSLOCK365

Has anybody experienced a mugging in Dublin 8? I used to consider where I live quite safe. But yesterday I was mugged and beaten. Thankfully they only stole my handbag with 50 euros, makeup and my camera in it (my phone was dead so I had it charging in my house). They bruised me too though. I have a bruise on my neck thats more unsightly than painful. I was so shaken for it that I do not see myself going out at night for the forseeable future. Can I just say these two men who did this are bastards and I hope they get caught.

Having not read the entire thread, I'm going to go on and assume that no-one has yet said that you should change your yousername.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,942 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Those ****ing Muggles again :mad:

Advertisement