Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muggings in Dublin 8

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Gig Bee wrote: »
    1st sign is claiming sumthing happened you that didnt.

Ladyluck is just seeking attention/sympathy!!!

Because if she gave more detail(which she a continuously failed to do!)
    we might be able to expose her for the fraud she is!

Do you realise some people have lives besides the internet, and don't spend every minute on boards? The OP may not have noticed the requests for more detail yet, so stop claiming she's a fraud. That kind of thing really does my head in. GTFO you insensitive eejit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

K4t wrote: »
    I think Dublin needs a superhero.
    It has:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Whats the chances of mugging a wrestler. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emsy g

Afew years ago me and my boyfriend went to Cork to stay at our mates place.We went down on his GSXR 750 which was only afew months old at the time.We went for a couple...alot of beers that night and came back to the house (bike was fine)
    About 3.30 am we were all in our mates room and I could hear noices coming from downstairs,then a pretty loud cracking noise.
    I jumped up (pissed and sure i was able to scare the sh*t out of whoever was down there) and ran down the stairs shouting 'get the f@*k out now!I'll rip your f**kin head off.. (as you do when you feel threatened and scared...and pissed ;) )
    I ran into the kitchen and saw the window had been cracked as someone had tried prying it open.
    I opened the front door and there was a guy hanging around behind a car a couple of doors down,only about 17 or so, so I called out to him 'what are you doing out here eh?' and he said nothing but turned and started to wander off so I started to follow him (No i wasn't on my own,my boyfriend and his mate were close behind but just not out the door yet) he ran and stupidly i followed in my bare feet!But only until he was around the corner.
    We called the cops who shockingly showed up!!!They took the description I gave,at this point I was pretty damn sober.Cops said he was more than likely trying to get in to grab the keys from inside,he'd clearly been pawing at the bike cause it was a cold night and his little mits were very visible on the damp paint.
    ANYWAY,we got a call about an hour later as they'd been looking for thieves after that.They not only had the guy but wanted to know if we wanted to press charges!!!!
    I was in so much shock as I always think cops are lazy as f**k and never actually take action!!
    On the other hand though,a girl I used to work with lived in Dundrum I think,she was on her own with her 1 and half year old baby when she was woken up by someone in her back garden,he was masked and threatened her life,she ran to the phone,called the cops,waited 4 hours until it was bright enough to go outside without that horror,drove to the cop shop and gave them an earful...they told her they were too 'busy' that night to get to her!!!
    So I guess it's like the lotto,sometimes you win and sometimes you loose....we won ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

First off, get down off your feckin' horse. When LadyLuck started this thread I pm'ed' her, as I live in Dublin 8, and I know alot of what goes on in certain parts and who's behind it. LadyLuck is genuine, if you or anyone else on the thread are concerned about your safety around Dublin 8, pm LadyLuck and ask where it happened as she had no bother in telling me.

So unless you've any more crap to post in this thread, I bid you a good day.;)

That's as may be Gavin but there's a whole load of people from D8 reading this now worried and Lady Luck has disappeared out of the thread....so Lady Luck if you're still there are you willing to say where?

As you're new around here and you don't seem to like the smart alek answers you're getting, After Hours is not the place to post if you're looking for sympathetic rational answers, you're better off going to personal issues or anywhere else really. I hope you feel better, I live in D8 and have never had any bother but am always on the lookout as there can be a lot of mentalists where I live.

• Advertisement
Advertisement