Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you sharpen skates?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey guys, anyone know anywhere in Dublin where I can get my hockey skates sharpened? I know you can get them done in Dundalk for E7.50, but is an overnight service, which is a real pain as I'd have to travel up from Dublin twice!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have vauge recollections that Dundalk or Belfast are probably your only options from a similar question that someone asked before about buying skates. Without a rink in the republic there must be a fairly limited market unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

It might be worth checking with the new rink in Charlestown too.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkwood

I went to Charlestown alright, but they couldn't work out how to use the machine when I was there. I was not impressed, so shall not be using them even when they do work it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Who did you ask? I saw the guy in the shop there sharpening new skates a few weeks back when someone purchased a pair, so if it was someone else, wait till the shop is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkwood

Ah well, I just went and had them done in Dundalk, so I'm good now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement