Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going from o2 to vodafone

• 13-06-2009 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi guys just wondering my contract with o2 ends the 24th of aug but im having major probs with them, so im going to swich to vodafone next week do i have to tell o2 im doing this or is porting my number to vodafone enough?
    also ive never been on vodafone billpay im sure some of you have what do you think ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

hi guys just wondering my contract with o2 ends the 24th of aug but im having major probs with them, so im going to swich to vodafone next week do i have to tell o2 im doing this or is porting my number to vodafone enough?
    also ive never been on vodafone billpay im sure some of you have what do you think ?

If you go into a vodafone agent and port over your number you'll be up and running on vodafone and you'll get a final bill from 02 for breaking your contract which is 3 months x monthly spend.

As for Vodafone Bill Pay- it offers good value if you call and text alot of other vodafone numbers and free mins and texts to any other network. What I would say though is you should really consider which tariff works best for you first because if you go over your mins you'll get heafty bills... Just my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What are the major problems your having? Have they tried to fix them for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

i find that coverage is far better with vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shutterspeed

cheers guys

davy don’t want to be "network bashing" but they have messed my account up since February they miss billed me two months in a row and because it took them six weeks to sort it out they cancelled my direct debt details and didn’t tell me, my account went into arrears and they’ve also dump me with loads of charges for the miss billing which is there fault when I contacted them I got a very aggressive staff member I then got speaking to a supervisor and she more a less told me id have to pay the charges cause they “don’t credit back charges” I’ve not had any problems with them up until February and they treated me like sh*t on the phone the other day don’t want anything to do with them

cheers guys

davy don’t want to be "network bashing" but they have messed my account up since February they miss billed me two months in a row and because it took them six weeks to sort it out they cancelled my direct debt details and didn’t tell me, my account went into arrears and they’ve also dump me with loads of charges for the miss billing which is there fault when I contacted them I got a very aggressive staff member I then got speaking to a supervisor and she more a less told me id have to pay the charges cause they “don’t credit back charges” I’ve not had any problems with them up until February and they treated me like sh*t on the phone the other day don’t want anything to do with them

Well your allowed explain your problem your not bashing them. Thats what the forum is here for to try get s result.

That sounds pretty **** of o2's behalf, which i wouldn't be happy with either. Have you told the problem on the o2 customer forum? If you haven't you could ask Daryll-talk2o2 who is on boards and im sure he would sort something out. They generally do try to help in my experience, but i could understand you wanting to leave after that. Let us know how you get on

• Advertisement

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    If you go into a vodafone agent and port over your number you'll be up and running on vodafone and you'll get a final bill from 02 for breaking your contract which is 3 months x monthly spend.

As for Vodafone Bill Pay- it offers good value if you call and text alot of other vodafone numbers and free mins and texts to any other network. What I would say though is you should really consider which tariff works best for you first because if you go over your mins you'll get heafty bills... Just my opinion
    **Bump**
    What constitutes "breaking your contract"? I have been with o2/esat/digifone since 1997 and just recently switched to vodafone for no other reason than most of the calls are made to vodafone customers so it would be more cost effective. Its a billpay, and my final bill has a onceoff of e170.26 in addition to call costs.

**Bump**
    What constitutes "breaking your contract"? I have been with o2/esat/digifone since 1997 and just recently switched to vodafone for no other reason than most of the calls are made to vodafone customers so it would be more cost effective. Its a billpay, and my final bill has a onceoff of e170.26 in addition to call costs.

You must have been still in contract with 02 when you moved over to Vodafone eg you upgraded handset with 02 within the previous 12-18 months and when you moved to vodafone you broke your agreement to stay with 02 for either 12 or 18 months. Thats probably why you got billed for €170...

New phone Christmas 2007.....?
    Emailed customer care to query it too, should get a response within "72 hours".

New phone Christmas 2007.....?
    Emailed customer care to query it too, should get a response within "72 hours".

Hardly? If you want query it with 02 Customer Care on 1909 and see why you were charged so much.

I think 1909 has been designed not to let anybody through that is not a current o2 customer!!! Believe me, I have tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

**Bump**

did you renew your tariff/change to a new one/take a promotion which entailed a contract extension? could be one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Spotty 3G even in major urban areas and ongoing coverage issues in the D5 area explained as 'we became aware of the issue this week'

... and a lousy selection of handsets too.

If you can put up with poor coverage, lousy customer service and lack of decent phones they're great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Are you sure you want to go to VF, the selection of handsets are brutal.

krudler wrote: »
    did you renew your tariff/change to a new one/take a promotion which entailed a contract extension? could be one of them
    Thats it! Someone phoned some months back and recommended to change to Clear 50 from the old price plan. As it happens, it worked out more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

xanthor wrote: »
    Spotty 3G even in major urban areas and ongoing coverage issues in the D5 area explained as 'we became aware of the issue this week'

... and a lousy selection of handsets too.

If you can put up with poor coverage, lousy customer service and lack of decent phones they're great!

Just trying to stream Radio 1 via Vodafone Live ! Streaming access point in Dublin city center.
    Dropping like the bejeesus. Not impressed.
    Does the ISP access point give you a better speed ?

long_b wrote: »
    Just trying to stream Radio 1 via Vodafone Live ! Streaming access point in Dublin city center.
    Dropping like the bejeesus. Not impressed.
    Does the ISP access point give you a better speed ?

Yes, you should notice an improvement.

Advertisement