Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malerias Vietnam

• 13-06-2009 3:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Hi im awaay in vietnam at the moment and am lookign for some anti malaria tablets, i was talking malron but have lost some and have actually ruin out now, these are not available anywhere here !! can anyone suggest and suitable alternative, all im being offered here are biooxxdy? somehting which i've heard have the worst side effects,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

They all pretty much have side effects. I have only ever taken them in Africa and i have been all over in the world in supposed high malaria zones. Maybe i was just lucky but i never felt the need to take them anywhere. I always ask locals if there is a malaria problem and they always say no. Unless i was going to be days away from a hospital and in a zone with over 90% risk i won't bother with them. Surprisingly a lot of people don't take them. I expected to meet much more people taking malarials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭LaMer

They all pretty much have side effects. I have only ever taken them in Africa and i have been all over in the world in supposed high malaria zones. Maybe i was just lucky but i never felt the need to take them anywhere. I always ask locals if there is a malaria problem and they always say no. Unless i was going to be days away from a hospital and in a zone with over 90% risk i won't bother with them. Surprisingly a lot of people don't take them. I expected to meet much more people taking malarials.
    Were abouts in Africa were you staying where you didn't take them? I'm planning on mozambique in the next few week and they say its a hotspot but I've talked to a few people who say that as long as you wear DEET repelent and use a mozzie net you should be ok. PLus I've heard that May to October is the low season for them in SOuthern Africa.

Advertisement