Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whose GAA jersey was Marcus Davis wearing?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭

At the UFC99 weigh ins, Marcus was wearing a Blue and White hooped GAA jersey which featured the "Yop" logo on the front?

Whose jersey is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I reckon it was probably the Waterford Goalkeepers Jersey or some kind of training top. I think thats where he says his roots are and the colour/sponsor sounds right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 deise69

Its a Waterford hurling jersey, I should know, I gave it to him yesterday !

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

deise69 wrote: »
    Its a Waterford hurling jersey, I should know, I gave it to him yesterday !

Top banana !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

At the hotel, I was given a Waterford soccer shirt by Irish fans from Waterford
    Waterford Soccer Shirt? heard Hardy saying yesterday about kicking his áss and basically that he isn't really Irish, I haven't seen much of this guy but he seems like a mouth already.:rolleyes:
    Hope this Hardy guy gets his teeth knocked out ultimate fighter style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    He sounds like he's in great shape.
    I really hope he pulls it off and just demolishes him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I usually :rolleyes: at Americans who harp on about their Irish roots - but marcus is a cool cat - I like the dude and always cheer him on. Here's hoping he beats the **** outta hardy

And you gotta love the name " The Irish Hand Grenade" Classic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 deise69

IMG_0166.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

IMG_0166.jpg

Havent you heard of FOOKIN SPOILERS????????????????????? Only in from the Rush FA show and was going to download the UFC but no point now youve told me who wins the bleedin fights!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

IMG_0166.jpg

Wandy is staying in the hotel too. Met him on friday in the gym trying to cut the last few pounds before the weigh in. Looked wrecked and joe rogan said he had to cut 12lbs during the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Judomad wrote: »
    Havent you heard of FOOKIN SPOILERS????????????????????? Only in from the Rush FA show and was going to download the UFC but no point now youve told me who wins the bleedin fights!!!!!!!

plus a million

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Lads this happens every couple of weeks I really dont understand why punters are stupid enough to read the threads on here before they have watched the event!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭celt2005

I agree.

Chill out, you know the result of one fight ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

celt2005 wrote: »
    I agree.

Chill out, you know the result of one fight ..

Three if you read the whole thing, but still

As a former mod of a forum that had spoiler rules, I can say that no matter how firmly the rules are enforced there's always going to be someone every now and again who posts spoilers. So it really is just up to yourself not to look at any threads that could contain spoilers if you really want to avoid them that much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Fozzy wrote: »
    Three if you read the whole thing, but still

As a former mod of a forum that had spoiler rules, I can say that no matter how firmly the rules are enforced there's always going to be someone every now and again who posts spoilers. So it really is just up to yourself not to look at any threads that could contain spoilers if you really want to avoid them that much

I agree. I feel bad for the people that clicked on this thread and had the event spoiled, but you would have to question their common sense in clicking into it in the first place..

I agree. I feel bad for the people that clicked on this thread and had the event spoiled, but you would have to question their common sense in clicking into it in the first place..

Question my common sense??? Are you for Fookin real???? It was about what jersey he wore..shouldnt have been a running poxy commentary of the whole event....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Up your swiss :P

Up your swiss :P

Up your swis ya big bo!!ox :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Question my common sense??? Are you for Fookin real???? It was about what jersey he wore..shouldnt have been a running poxy commentary of the whole event..hope the dick gets a ban..
    Gotta agree with Gary on this, how you can use common sense and go from a jersey to results is beyond me

Up your swis ya big bo!!ox :P

Reported, personal abuse - MOD's? help me out ere!.

• Advertisement

Cmon dude. You were always taking a risk comming to the forum a few hours after the event had aired. Clicking on a thread that had just been updated about a fighter who was on the card was even riskier.

Use your noggin next time :p

Gotta agree with Gary on this, how you can use common sense and go from a jersey to results is beyond me

Some people just need a kick in the bollox :P

Cmon dude. You were always taking a risk comming to the forum a few hours after the event had aired. Clicking on a thread that had just been updated about a fighter who was on the card was even riskier.

In fairness to Gary, whose usually a lunatic and who I ignore most of the time (except now because he's texting me stupid sh*t) and Raze Them All..

How in the name of sweet baby jesus could you expect to find the results of a bout through a thread on a particular football jersey - thats plain silly.

Maybe if people used spoilers like there meant to then there wouldnt be a problem........

And Martin ill kick u in the bollox and u wont even be able to catch me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Infraction given and next time it will be dealt with more serious, we want people on the forum and not in hiding because the UFC is on, its obvious not to go into a ufc 99 thread but a football jersey thread should be safe to browse for all fans..

Common sense was needs to be used by people posting on the wrong threads and ruining shows for the posters.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Hmmm The thread was on marcus davies who had just fought 2 hours previously. I dont think it beyond the realm of possiblities that someone could mention the fight..

The thread topic read " Whose GAA jersey was Marcus Davies wearing"? This could relate to anything..His walk in, the weigh in, his after fight interview..

Surely common sense should kick in here and say dont take the risk of clicking on it?

Unfortunatly there's always going to be people who dont follow the spoiler rule, so why take the chance of having an event ruined?

Gino, have some common sense and stop digging when your in a hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Well the thread was made before the fight so common sense says it wouldn't be the walk in or after fight interview

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

Can we all have a big MMA group hug?

We are all friends here...

• Advertisement

Gino, have some common sense and stop digging when your in a hole.

lol

Maybe I should just kick you in the bollix? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement