Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wine tasting course

Options
  • 13-06-2009 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a wine tasting course ? I currently have no real knowledge of wine other than what I like and dont like.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Hi Smoggy, the courses run by the Wine Board have a good reputation if you're in Dublin.

http://www.wineboard.ie/courses/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Just make sure before you go on the course that you have a good teacher. I did 2 of their courses, one guuy was excellent the other was a rep with a wine company. His knowledge was limited and most of the people in the class failed the course because of him. People were not happy, especially at the price they charge..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Go to as many wine shows and tastings that you can. And remember, you already know the most basic and important thing '' what you like''. You may find with time your tastes will broaden and wine styles you currently dislike will become more attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Thanks for the info - the course titled "Introduction to Wine" sounds spot on. Has anyone done this and can you recommend it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 barmar

Not sure what area you are from but if you enquire at your local independent off licence there may be a wine club in the area.
    If not enquire about the possibility of rounding up a few friends for a wine tasting evening. In turn they can go back to their suppliers who would probably be only too willing to offer the service. They are marketing their wines, the off licence owner is potentially gathering new customers & you are enjoying an informative but enjoyable night out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement