Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Season

Options
  • 13-06-2009 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

In looking at the current squad, the following would be my assessment of Harry's thoughts for next season :-

Core Players :

Gomes
    Assou-Ekotto
    Woodgate
    King
    Dawson
    Corluka
    Palacios
    Modric
    Lennon
    Defoe
    Keane

Squad :

Cudicini
    Hutton
    Huddlestone
    Jenas
    Gunter
    Chimbonda
    Zokora

Last Chance Saloon (?) :

Alnwick
    Pavlyuchenko
    Bale
    Taraabt
    Dos Santos

Dump :

Bent
    Bentley
    O'Hara

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Seems fair to me,

I kinda like O'Hara and think he might be worth being maybe put out on loan and see how he gets on in the Championship but thats about it.

I personally don't really rate Bale and if anyone came in for him i'd ship him TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I really like o'hara too i'd like to see him on loan at fulham or somewhere next year and watch him grow he's got a real thunderbolt of a shot too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

BOLT wrote: »
    In looking at the current squad, the following would be my assessment of Harry's thoughts for next season :-

Core Players :

Gomes
    Assou-Ekotto
    Woodgate
    King
    Dawson
    Corluka
    Palacios
    Modric
    Lennon
    Defoe
    Keane

Squad :

Cudicini
    Hutton
    Huddlestone
    Jenas
    Gunter
    Chimbonda
    Zokora

Last Chance Saloon (?) :

Alnwick
    Pavlyuchenko
    Bale
    Taraabt
    Dos Santos

Dump :

Bent
    Bentley
    O'Hara

What do you think?

i'd agree with all of your 1st team picks but i think that most if not all of the "squad" players you mentioned will be transfered.i hope o'hara and pav will stay but the rest will probably be sold aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭horizon26

next season spurs need a better manager Harry R is ok would anyone in the top 4 have Harry as manager oh NO they would NOT.The man is nearly 60 this is his first big job.One fa cup last year Spurs need a manager who can get them in the top 4,or at least challenge for a top four place.Is Harry really the right man?Answer really honestly spent enough money to get there but no success.I should not be here as i am a Chelsea fan,we did get to fourth without spending like spurs.Since Roman came ,Chelsea have wasted millions and millions and millions.But we got to fourth by only spending minimal money in the years before.Iam so fed up the the so called big four.Football in England needs a big shake up.Yeah i dont like spurs i am sure the feeling is mutual but is Harry really the right man.I dont think he is at all sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

horizon26 wrote: »
    next season spurs need a better manager Harry R is ok would anyone in the top 4 have Harry as manager oh NO they would NOT.The man is nearly 60 this is his first big job.One fa cup last year Spurs need a manager who can get them in the top 4,or at least challenge for a top four place.Is Harry really the right man?Answer really honestly spent enough money to get there but no success.I should not be here as i am a Chelsea fan,we did get to fourth without spending like spurs.Since Roman came ,Chelsea have wasted millions and millions and millions.But we got to fourth by only spending minimal money in the years before.Iam so fed up the the so called big four.Football in England needs a big shake up.Yeah i dont like spurs i am sure the feeling is mutual but is Harry really the right man.I dont think he is at all sorry

time will tell if redknapp is THE man for spurs but he'll do for now.tacticly he may not be the best but he's a good motivator and players seem to want to play for him.he did well whn he came in and he rightly imo milked the "2 points from 8 games" quote but that was last season.nothing less than a top 7 finish will do this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bale is still very young,he deserves another season to prove himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

BOLT wrote: »

Core Players :

Gomes
    Assou-Ekotto
    Woodgate
    King
    Dawson
    Corluka
    Palacios
    Modric
    Lennon
    Defoe
    Keane

Squad :

Cudicini
    Hutton
    Huddlestone?
    Jenas
    Gunter?
    Chimbonda?
    Zokora
    ?

Last Chance Saloon (?) :

Alnwick
    Pavlyuchenko
    Bale
    Taraabt
    Dos Santos

Dump :

Bent
    Bentley
    O'Hara

What do you think?

How could you even think about keeping these lads.
    1)Huddlestone(i know i'll get backlash for this) is too slow for a premiership footballer.....fine hes a great passer of the ball but frankly thats not good enough. He showed good promise 2/3 years ago but hasn't done anything since. Played for england u-21s big deal......f.campbell starts for them.

2)Gunter: anytime hes played hes been awful. waste of money and should be out the door. have corluka or hutton at right back anyway so.....

3)Chimps: was bought when the defence was v.depleted, don't need him now and should have never bought him back in any case.

4)Zokora: Can he actually pass a ball?

As for pav,bentley and O'hara all will be kept. Pav and bentley simply because we won't recoup anywhere close to what we paid. Plus i would keep pav anyway. He scored 14 goals in all comps in his first season in english football which isn't bad really. O'Hara is a tidy player just needs some first team football. A loan would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

horizon26 wrote: »
    Lol'd. 4/10 for trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

:D Ah, i love how nearly every answer to a squad or team for the future is to sell half the squad, get a new manager and then argue which players from lower teams we should buy to replace them and how players at bigger teams are too big to come play for us....hilarious! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

whitey21 wrote: »
    :D Ah, i love how nearly every answer to a squad or team for the future is to sell half the squad, get a new manager and then argue which players from lower teams we should buy to replace them and how players at bigger teams are too big to come play for us....hilarious! :rolleyes:

As may be seen from the original post, I suggested just O'Hara, Bent & Bentley as those who we needed to off-load.

In answer to other posts, I was merely trying to 'second-guess' Harry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Core Players :

Gomes
    Woodgate
    King
    Dawson
    Corluka
    Palacios
    Modric
    Lennon
    Defoe