Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I got Interconnected Smoke Alarms?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Been in the new house just over year, 2 mains operated smoke alarms were fitted by previous owners. They have both now started beeping and continue to do so after buying and installing 2 new 9v alkaline batteries. They are the Ei141 bog standard yokes.

Decided to replace both of them with newer versions with more detection abilities & Lithium Battery...one is just outside our kitchen door and one is at the top of the landing. Before I do get new ones how would I know if the 2 are interconnected?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

try duracell ultra batteries.sometimes alternative batteries give trouble( assuming alarms have mains power) .hold the test button on one alarm and the two should sound if they're interconnected.
    If they're working correctly i would consider expanding the alarm system rather than replacing working alarms

Advertisement