Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pubs on Inis Mor?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Last time i stayed out there was Sept 07, there wasn't a pub open in Kilronan.
    Not even the American Bar.
    The only pub was in the village to the east but it was a bit far to walk.
    And nowhere on the island could you get a pint of guiness.
    I'm not kidding.

Does anyone know if there are pubs in Kilronan now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

thats strange! i havn't been out there myself in about a year, but as you probably know, there are several places to drink on the island. this shouldnt be a problem during summer.....maybe the end of the tourist season had something to do with it, although you'd imagine the islanders get thirsty too!
    there are bars definitly.....including the one in the hotel i think. if you go out again by the end of august i dont think youll have the same problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 glenjohnsonlfc

The American bar is open again and there is joe macs,the hotel and wattys dont know where that is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

And when you have had a feed of drink, there is always Supermacs to look forward to on the island . . . Yes indeed, there is a certain old rustic charm to the place. Not.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Please, please,please tell me that there isn't really a Supermacs on Inishmor.:(

What next, KFC and MaccyDs?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Please, please,please tell me that there isn't really a Supermacs on Inishmor.:(

off supermacs.ie:

Gearoid de Bruen 099-61066 099-61066 Supermac's Family Restaurant
    Kilronan
    Inis Mor
    Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Supermacs are right at the qquay, and have one of the best views across to the mainland. AFAIK, McDonalds franchisees are looking for a premises on the island. Only a matter of time with all those tourists coming over each day.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just back from Inis Mor after spending a week there! I miss it already! :(

Anyway, yeah a few pubs to choose from and all doing mighty well, but €2.50 for a small glass of Finches Orange in Watty's I have to say I didnt visit all that often! I seen the Supermacs too! haha, its only a small little place, but still, I didnt give it any of my monies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Whys everyone gettin crabby about Supermacs in Kilronan? Do the islanders who live there year round not deserve a Supermac burger and a curry cheese chips now and again?!

Supermacs is a Galway institution!! I don't see why it's that out of place on Inis Mór - McDonald's however, would be a step too far.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ya, who do those uppity islanders think they are with their new world amenities? They should be happy with bacon and cabbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

The American bar is open again and there is joe macs,the hotel and wattys dont know where that is though.

wattys is at the junction between the low and high roads across the island just 5 min walk from the village shop

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement