Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to bulk buy fresh herbs in Cork?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hiya

Been buying pesto from IAGO in the English Market for ages and while I love it, gonna make my own for a change. Don't really wanna pay retail
    prices for basil as it ain't cheap. Anyone know anywhere you can buy
    reasonably priced fresh herbs in Cork.......especially basil?

Cheers!!

Max :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Tesco actually.english market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

in lidl they sells herbs in pots, i bough a lot and divided them and potted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

have a look for herbs you grow yourself, buy two or 3 plants and grow them out for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Yeh, think I might try growing. Read somewhere can take several / many weeks to grow from seeds, but I'll check out Lidl.

Thanks guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

When you grow them yourself in pots, they're really easy and always on hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Basil is tricky enough to grow - it's a mediterranean herb so the soil must be gritty, it needs loads of sun and warmth and you mustn't overwater it. I've never been able to keep it outside to any degree of success. I usually just buy the Tesco stuff, pot it on to a bigger pot filled with compost and grit and then use it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Basil is tricky enough to grow - it's a mediterranean herb so the soil must be gritty, it needs loads of sun and warmth and you mustn't overwater it. I've never been able to keep it outside to any degree of success. I usually just buy the Tesco stuff, pot it on to a bigger pot filled with compost and grit and then use it away.

Grit? Would that be True Grit pilgrim?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

:D:D:D

Advertisement