Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for six months.

Options
  • 13-06-2009 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

I'd like an explanation to why i've been banned for six months from the soccer forum. I recieved a yellow card for nothing whatsoever from yet another overzealous mod who seems to have it in for me. The reason i was given is "personal abuse"...like i said i'd like an explanation to exactly where the personal abuse was and at whom it was directed.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The card you were issued was the 6th yellow received since the charter was updated in July of last year:
    2. Major Offence (see list) will result in a red card infraction. Those receiving three red card infractions (be they through straight red or multiple yellow cards) will be banned from the forum for the entire season (running July-July) or 6 months, which ever is longer.

The offence that earned you your 6th yellow card was this:
    I actually like Blatter.

Opps thought that was batter. Yeah Blatter's a c**t :)

Post deleted, but Admins should be able to see

The smilie doesn't make much difference.
    ABUSE: Prejudice will not be tolerated, be it in the form of racism, sexism, sectarianism or any other form. Outbursts of personal abuse be it directed at other board members or at groups of fans or sports personalities people will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to edit/move/delete such posts as we see fit and issue bans to the poster of such.

Calling somebody a cúnt is abuse. You know that, because the first infraction you earned on the forum was for the exact same thing.

Have I your permission to publish the 2 PMs I sent you earlier this week re. forum moderation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Once again there is no personal abuse there. If i had wanted to call him a **** i would of spelt it out..C...U...N...T spells ****. C...*...*...T leaves it up to the poster to decide what the person is referring to. If said person wants to fill in the blanks with the letters U and N then that's up to them but you go ahead anyway's as i'm otta this site. There is a reason the soccer thread has a terrible reputation with the general public anyway's.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please, don't give us the "I was calling him a cult but I don't like the letters U and L" line.

It's pretty obvious to most people what you meant. Man up and admit it, instead of weaseling.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Highsider wrote: »
    Once again there is no personal abuse there. If i had wanted to call him a **** i would of spelt it out..C...U...N...T spells ****. C...*...*...T leaves it up to the poster to decide what the person is referring to. If said person wants to fill in the blanks with the letters U and N then that's up to them but you go ahead anyway's as i'm otta this site.
    I c**t think of more than one four-letter personal noun beginning with C and ending with T and I'm a walking dictionary.

There is a reason the soccer thread has a terrible reputation with the general public anyway's.:rolleyes:
    Yeah, the lack of posts in the forum is a real testament to that. Shame really, because it could be really popular if only we'd open our ears and listen to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

I c**t think of more than one four-letter personal noun beginning with C and ending with T and I'm a walking dictionary.

Yeah, the lack of posts in the forum is a real testament to that. Shame really, because it could be really popular if only we'd open our ears and listen to you.
    Yeah. Okay if you say so :rolleyes:. Open your eyes. Your a laughing stock in the real world ffs. There's a reason the mods on the soccer forum are called nazis don't ya know.:pac: How do i disable my account as i don't need to be associated with a site like this in all honesty. Actually be a good lad and run along there and do it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm sure the soccer mods have been called worse. Everyone else has.

You can "disable" your account by not using it again. That's the easiest way from your perspective.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The real world is more of a laughing stock.

Advertisement