Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RPG recommendations

• 13-06-2009 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Im looking for some RPG recommendations.

Similar if possible to the final fantasy series.I have Elder Scrolls already.While its a good game and all that its not quite what Im after.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

il recommend:

Star Ocean: the last hope mate try that game its pretty fun the battle system is amazing... or if you really want like really close to final fantasy try Lost Odyssey for me that game is aright some of the boss are very hard to kill...

add me up lads...
    jomz27.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Fallout3- Uber RPG. Will steal your social life for about 2 months. You can easily put 100hrs into a playthrough.
    Oblivion- Made by the same people (Bethesda), heard its really good. Has witches and spells rather than Mini nukes and Shotguns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Hi all.

Im looking for some RPG recommendations.

Similar if possible to the final fantasy series.I have Elder Scrolls already.While its a good game and all that its not quite what Im after.

Cheers!
    LD 50 wrote: »
    Fallout3- Uber RPG. Will steal your social life for about 2 months. You can easily put 100hrs into a playthrough.
    Oblivion- Made by the same people (Bethesda), heard its really good. Has witches and spells rather than Mini nukes and Shotguns.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

+1 for Lost Odyssey

I'm in the mood for something else along the lines of that now actually...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wait for Tales of Vesperia. It's supposed to be amazing and out next week i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

+1 for Lost Odyssey. I almost started a new game+ with it a couple of days ago. I'm chomping at the bit for a good rpg. I'm biding some time with Prototype until Tales comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

lost odyssey!!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Haven't played Lost Odssey yet but picked it up yesterday in Xtravision for 10 euro so can't go wrong with it.2nd hand but by the looks of it doubt it was ever rented(doubt if its a game you'd complete in a week anyway fromwhat I've heard).So if you're looking for it I'd check out Xtravision and you mightget lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

For traditional RPGs you could also try Eternal Sonata or Blue Dragon. Mass Effect is also good but may not be what you're looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

Lost Odssey great game got it new for 10 euros in xtaravison on the last cd and my xbox got the red ring :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement