Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great gig for your diary!!! Cream Carousel...

• 13-06-2009 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Cream Carousel are playing Bewley's Cafe Theater, Friday 26th of june.

Here is a recent newspaper artical about the band.

''TASTE THE CAROUSEL''
    ''FINGAL four-piece, Cream Carousel, have been lined up for two Dublin shows this weekend, on the back of their 'Taste Me' album.
    The band featuring Lusk singer songwriter, Audrey Fey, guitarist Enda Duffy, bassist Barney Brennan and drummer Cy Mutch, Play Bewley's Theater and the sugar club this Thursday and Saturday.
    And it's a gig well worth checking out, if their six track releas is anything to go by, a neat mix of genres and styles.
    The chilled out 'Bring Me To My Knees' is a jazz-tinged number in the vein of Duffy, but with a darker edge and something you might expect to find in the next Quentin Tarantino sound track.
    'King of Cool' is another highlight, it's breezy twang showcasing the bands undoubted talents, while Fay's Nora Jones-meets-Amy Winehouse vocals particularly shine.
    'Mama' is another slower, sensitive offering, while 'Emptied Out' Changes speed rapidly and closing track 'Losin'' swings in an almost punk direction, with elements of The Strokes and Mary Black amongst it's ingredients.
    Cream Carousel play Bewley's Theater on Thursday, 4th and the Sugar Club on Saturday, June 6th. Log onto www.myspace.com/creamcarousel for more info.

''Written by Robin Keily, Fingal Independent, 2nd June 2009''

Tickets for this gig are available at the door. Or you may pre book by getting in touch with the band via their Myspace page.

Advertisement