Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW Gaming Cafes in Dublin

• 13-06-2009 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I recently moved up here and where I am the broadband speed is very slow I'm at the end of the exchange. :(
    So I was wondering if anyone here knows of a good internet cafe in Dublin that I can go to play. I don't mind traveling into the city centre or anything so where ever is great! :) Normally I'd bring my laptop to a cafe and just use the wifi but if I'm going to pay money to play I'd rather play on a lovely big lcd and tower system with kick ass specs :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Five star on talbot street have decent pc's and net and is only 1 euro per hour. 1 thing to make sure you do is change your password every time your finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

ok great but does it have like proper gaming computers? I used to go to a super nice one in cork that had the regular tip tap check your mail etc computers downstairs and then the higher spec gaming computers upstairs kind of thing. So no one is bothering each other you know?
    I'm not looking for something exactlythe same but if anyone knows of one along the same lines would be brill.
    I noticed a place called Spidernet I think and it looks awesome but it's mostly fps games and it doesn't have wow i dont think. Wasn't on it's list of games anyway.

Yeah 5 star has good pcs, also theres a brand new place (a few months old) on Liffy St. I havnt been but it looks good as it was made to be a gaming cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Yeah 5 star has good pcs, also theres a brand new place (a few months old) on Liffy St. I havnt been but it looks good as it was made to be a gaming cafe
    Ye I'd say that place has the best PCs in any netcafe you'll find in dublin but I'm not sure if the have wow on the PCs seemed to be fps games they had. But I've never been in there so u can check yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

The one in Cork you on about. Was it called web workhouse, on winthrop street by McDonnal's next to Gino's? :P

• Advertisement

Aye workhouse is the best spot I've ever come across! I loved it there, wanted to stay in cork just to be near that place but unfortunately work took me up here to Dublin :(

Been wandering around dublin city since about 12pm today... yet to find any web cafes that aren't your normal "check your mail" etc

I suck at finding places, trying to locate that 5 star place, not having much luck, and also trying to find spidernet... haven't come across that either... :(

So I stopped into a normal cafe to google map them :P viva la internet!!

By the way, if anyone up near dublin plays wow let me know, always like to meet new people etc and could do with a few buddies who actually know where they are lol I think I've gotten wrong directions from just about anyone I've asked today got sent all the way up past trinity once :(

I know where I went wrong now this time though... didn't walk far enough :P TY google maps!

Found 5 star and it has wow and i'm happy enough with the computers but bloody heck it's hot in here!! I've taken off as much clothing as possible and I'm still roasting >.<

Anywho... this shall be my new haunt until I can get the broadband provider changed in my house, seems my next door neighbour has perfect broadband and for some reason ours is major suck ass slow...

Thanks for all the help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Hobbidance wrote: »
    Normally I'd bring my laptop to a cafe and just use the wifi but if I'm going to pay money to play I'd rather play on a lovely big lcd and tower system with kick ass specs and get my account hacked in style

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Dustaz wrote: »
    FYP

Because playing in a LAN scenarios meenz u getz haxed al da tiem yo

• Advertisement

Found 5 star and it has wow and i'm happy enough with the computers but bloody heck it's hot in here!! I've taken off as much clothing as possible and I'm still roasting >.<

Anywho... this shall be my new haunt until I can get the broadband provider changed in my house, seems my next door neighbour has perfect broadband and for some reason ours is major suck ass slow...

Thanks for all the help!!

Yeah its ****in hot alright, full of sweaty nerds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Yeah its ****in hot alright, full of sweaty nerds

Constructive post is constructive

Joke :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I hear they run deadly Lans

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Aye workhouse is the best spot I've ever come across! I loved it there, wanted to stay in cork just to be near that place but unfortunately work took me up here to Dublin :(

Been wandering around dublin city since about 12pm today... yet to find any web cafes that aren't your normal "check your mail" etc

I suck at finding places, trying to locate that 5 star place, not having much luck, and also trying to find spidernet... haven't come across that either... :(

Yeah web-workhouse is the bomb, also heard good things of the Area 51 place in Cork too.

The place Horsefumbler and eniarah are on about is Xtreme Gaming or such, if you head north across the Ha'penny Bridge and travel up the street infront of ya its on your left at the corner of the first block of buiildings. Quite an open,airy place, big monitors and quite decent rigs.

Sure me and 3 other of my buddies went into web-workhouse and entered into a battlefield comp and we came 3rd and won over 150 euro each thats quite good just for entering a gaming compitition. They need to promote more events like this if ya ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

They seem to do alot of leagues and competitions in that Xtreme Gaming place too (also with xbox360s etc). I've only been in there to print a page once (20c - bargain!), but it seemed pretty active.

I felt dirty taking the money though cause there was only 5 teams entered :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

still haven't paid the internet billzzz so think i'm gonna head in and cafe it up a bit

i know you guys miss me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Finch* wrote: »
    still haven't paid the internet billzzz so think i'm gonna head in and cafe it up a bit

i know you guys miss me

i wuv you

Man i need to get in touch with that crowd bout the headsets, jerking me off at this stage, but you still owe me dosh

• Advertisement
Advertisement