Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannondale Morphis shell jacket (size M)

Options
  • 13-06-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

I bought this from Chain Reaction Cycles a few weeks ago - it's a really nice jacket but it's just a wee bit tight on me. I would return it to CRC for a refund but it was worn once (by co-Boardsie rflynnr, for the last 40km of the Wicklow 200). I have to stress: apart from trying it on a couple of times, that is the only time this jacket has been used.

Interesting feature of it is that you can zip the sleeves off, turning it into a gilet. Picture and full description here:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15147

Note that this jacket is medium in size (i.e. chest size 37"-39") and "slate" in colour.

I bought it for €42 (apparently reduced from €76) but I'll take €30 for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I'd be interested in this. If it fits. And if it doesn't smell. When/where could I see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

There's someone looking at the jacket on Wednesday at 6pm but if he doesn't take it I could meet you in town on Thursday at lunchtime or possibly in the early evening.

It doesn't smell, by the way!
    Morgan wrote: »
    I'd be interested in this. If it fits. And if it doesn't smell. When/where could I see it?

The jacket was too small for the potential buyer so it's back on the market, Morgan. Still interested?

If so, where are you based?
    Morgan wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Unfortunately too small for me. Great jacket though.

Cool breeze, damp air, shorter evenings... looks like Autumn's on the way.

(Yes, this jacket is still for sale.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

If I didn't already own one of these I'd be buying it: it's superb. Bought it two years ago and wore it as recently as last week without the sleeves (which zip off) as a gilet on a rainy 120km up and down the Dingle penisula. Kept my core dry and warm whilst offering excellent breathability. €30 is insanely cheap for this.

Someone else just tried this jacket on - he's a 37" chest yet he still found it too small, particularly in the waist - so I think it should be described as small, not medium. It is certainly for someone of slight build.

SOLD.

Advertisement