Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere nice to eat tonight (BUT CHEAP)

• 13-06-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

I'm going with Mrs ziedth to see that film the hangover tonight and we going to grab a bite to eat before hand, now going to dublin next weekend for a pissup so gotta save the €'s,

Any Ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

La Taverna is my favourite anyway. Their pizza is lovely. I had an excellent visit to Sabai a couple of weeks ago too if you're into Asian food. Its not crazy expensive but its dearer than La Taverna anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Where's that man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Revolution have a quality menu for a bar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

La Palmea or Ginos maybe?

Cant say Revolution would be my first choice for food with the misuses! Especially on a Saturday night :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

mcdonalds!!! ya can,t beat the eurosaver menu lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Not sure if the L'Atmosphere "€20 for a 3 course dinner with a glass of wine" applies to saturdays but if it does, it's the best money you'll ever spend! ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

wellbutty wrote: »
    Not sure if the L'Atmosphere "€20 for a 3 course dinner with a glass of wine" applies to saturdays but if it does, it's the best money you'll ever spend! ;)

Hasn't got the best of reviews, their other restaurant seems to be better rated oddly.

Thought he just wanted a quick bite to eat before a film...my bad!

Thought he just wanted a quick bite to eat before a film...my bad!

Maybe its just me, but while the food is good in Revolution, its not a place id tend to bring herself for food (a quick bite to eat even) on a nite out. Especially on a Saturday night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Maybe its just me, but while the food is good in Revolution, its not a place id tend to bring herself for food (a quick bite to eat even) on a nite out. Especially on a Saturday night!

Youre right there!

Have you tried Cafe Goa on the Quay? Bit out of the way from the cinema though! Bistro in Patrick Street is ok as well. Jade Palace barfood is available until 8 I think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

the espresso

http://www.espresso.ie/ cheap and close to the cinema

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Harlequin up on Stephen Street is fantastic. Italian menu. Well worth a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

La Taverna is about 3 doors up from the Happy Garden in town. Its across from the Peter Marks entrance to City Square.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hey all,

Thanks for the advice. Prob gonna go with the Bistro up there on Michael street, Had lunch in there a couple of times and thought it was nice, only thought of it there when wellbutty said it.

I'm kinda thinking about taking her somewhere nice now that i right this though, something to shield myself with when I tell her about next weekend :pac:

Might just goto emilianos now.

Thanks again all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ziedth wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thanks for the advice. Prob gonna go with the Bistro up there on Michael street, Had lunch in there a couple of times and thought it was nice, only thought of it there when wellbutty said it.

I'm kinda thinking about taking her somewhere nice now that i right this though, something to shield myself with when I tell her about next weekend :pac:

Might just goto emilianos now.

Thanks again all.

wouldnt bother going there,much better places around town,last time i went there the food was ****e,standards dropped alot,even places like the bistro are much better and cheaper.to be honest why not get a chinese ?no point in going for a meal and spendin all that money if youre trying to save for the piss up,common sense.cinema will set ya back a bit too,20 euro for tickets and easily another 20 on sweets,drinks etc.

To sum up thread: Sit in and read a book.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Trotter wrote: »
    La Taverna is about 3 doors up from the Happy Garden in town. Its across from the Peter Marks entrance to City Square.

Its actually next door to the Happy Garden. I had one of their pizza's for the first time last weekend and though it was lovely but the base was a little to thin for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

Sully wrote: »
    Hasn't got the best of reviews, their other restaurant seems to be better rated oddly.

Sorry Sully are you mixing L'atmosphere up with somewhere else? They only have one place and L'atmosphere is a super restaurant and has gotten great reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

durrus wrote: »
    Sorry Sully are you mixing L'atmosphere up with somewhere else? They only have one place and L'atmosphere is a super restaurant and has gotten great reviews.

+1, I went to L'Atmosphere with my friends last month on the good recommendations on here and the food was superb, we didn't go for the set menu but couldn't fault anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Looks like he's mixing it up with Espresso.

• Advertisement

I thought that was the same business owned by Espresso? I assume iv gotten mixed up :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sully wrote: »
    I thought that was the same business owned by Espresso? I assume iv gotten mixed up :o

Yeah you have. Espresso is owned by the people who own La Palma. Two of the sons also run Azzurro in Dunmore.

L'Atmosphere is a French restaurant completely seperate.

Advertisement